DIY supplies..plasic dripper bottles, pipettes etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

garyinco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2010
CO, USA
Why throw away a bottle after you use it? I don't think that is necessary. Just let it soak in some hot water. Granted, you might make some nasty stuff but I wouldn't be making it in thirty ml bottles on my first try on a flavor. Do that in 3ml bottles with a medicine dropper.

Then when you hit one you like - make the larger quantity. Let what you make steep for a week. The flavors will change. Some get stronger. Others weaker. But they all seem to change one way or the other. I think the term is actually resting, not steeping. But what do I know.

No, never been in the healthcare industry; just a nerdy, curious type. It helps that the link I referenced earlier is right next door to my favorite green-chile burrito restaurant!

If you do go with the glass pipettes referenced earlier and the pipette pump, practice with them a little with water. Obviously, water is thinner than juice but it'll give you the hang of the devices. PG is not much different than water, VG a little thicker as you know.

Speaking of PG/VG - I would never recommend anyone doing DIY without reading ALL the sticky threads in the DIY sub-forum, repeatedly. (I think you have, I'm just saying this for any future readers. Nicotine can easily be a deadly thing). All the vaping community needs is one accident for the govt to come swooping down on it.

I buy all my DIY liquids from ExtremeVaping. Nice guy, helpful, fast shipping, and I know one of the largest commercial juice sellers here gets their base liquids from him. I refuse to start with anything over 50mg nicotine as it is very dangerous at higher levels. 50mg seems safe, and I'm still here to ramble about it :)

Are you familiar with the formula calculators that are floating around? If not, I can point to a few I like.

I'm not some DIY chef, the juices I like are easily reproducible and I cheat on a couple of others.

Sorry if this sounded patronizing, but I don't want someone else later reading this and getting sick...

Last edited:

Shantia

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2011
Fredericksburg, VA
Animal Health Express cheap cheap syringes. This is the supplier i use.

Perfumers Apprentice - Accessories Linda's mark up is negligible on bottles. And her shipping is cheaper. You buy bulk from a manufacture your gonna pay probably around 12 dollars in shipping and you're probably not going to buy enough bulk to make that worth it. Only reason i can see buying from a plastic corp is if you need every size bottle and a lot of them. Plus linda sells pipettes, syringes, 4 oz bottles and lots of other good supplies. But like another post said, the pipettes arent great for mixing, tend to be inaccurate in my experience. Use them to transfer liquid to your syringe and measure like that if anything. Be sure to wash anything purchased well though, she is a seller of diy perfume fragrances as well and i've noticed there is a lingering odor on my bottles, most likely from being stored in the same area.

For just straight pipettes http://www.amazon.com/3ml-Plastic-Transfer-Pipette-pack/dp/B00207CO7I
OR http://www.labdepotinc.com/Product_Details~id~216~pid~50163.aspx as you can see there isnt much a difference in price. but this one charges 25 dollars for shipping..for 500 pipettes.....ouch.

Last edited:

lilfarmtruck

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2010
MO
No, never been in the healthcare industry; just a nerdy, curious type. It helps that the link I referenced earlier is right next door to my favorite green-chile burrito restaurant!

If you do go with the glass pipettes referenced earlier and the pipette pump, practice with them a little with water. Obviously, water is thinner than juice but it'll give you the hang of the devices. PG is not much different than water, VG a little thicker as you know.

Speaking of PG/VG - I would never recommend anyone doing DIY without reading ALL the sticky threads in the DIY sub-forum, repeatedly. (I think you have, I'm just saying this for any future readers. Nicotine can easily be a deadly thing). All the vaping community needs is one accident for the govt to come swooping down on it.

I buy all my DIY liquids from ExtremeVaping. Nice guy, helpful, fast shipping, and I know one of the largest commercial juice sellers here gets their base liquids from him. I refuse to start with anything over 50mg nicotine as it is very dangerous at higher levels. 50mg seems safe, and I'm still here to ramble about it :)

Are you familiar with the formula calculators that are floating around? If not, I can point to a few I like...

Gary thank you for all your helpful info and no you in no way sound patronizing. Just very helpful! I do have an ejuice calculator. It's breaktru's "ejuice me up". Its really a nice one and fairly easy to use. He did an awesome job on it and offers it as shareware. I also have the link to the simple online calc too.

I too am a nerdy curious type..I think there are many of us here! LOL

lilfarmtruck

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2010
MO
Animal Health Express cheap cheap syringes. This is the supplier i use.

Perfumers Apprentice - Accessories Linda's mark up is negligible on bottles. And her shipping is cheaper. You buy bulk from a manufacture your gonna pay probably around 12 dollars in shipping and you're probably not going to buy enough bulk to make that worth it. Only reason i can see buying from a plastic corp is if you need every size bottle and a lot of them. Plus linda sells pipettes, syringes, 4 oz bottles and lots of other good supplies. But like another post said, the pipettes arent great for mixing, tend to be inaccurate in my experience. Use them to transfer liquid to your syringe and measure like that if anything. Be sure to wash anything purchased well though, she is a seller of diy perfume fragrances as well and i've noticed there is a lingering odor on my bottles, most likely from being stored in the same area.

For just straight pipettes Amazon.com: 3ml Plastic Transfer Pipette, 500 pack: Everything Else
OR Pipettes, Disposable : Best Value Standard Transfer Pipets, Disposable Pipet as you can see there isnt much a difference in price. but this one charges 25 dollars for shipping..for 500 pipettes.....ouch.

Thanks Shantia, much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread