Status
Not open for further replies.

KentA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2015
Adirondack Mountains
vape" data-source="post: 18238297" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
MC vape said:
I have 2 cheap rda's some clones ... the taste was so weird I was coughing like crazy. Something like metal stong flavor vape....
Did you clean them to remove any machine oil?
I use dish soap & a splash of alcohol in an ultrasound cleaner.

mhertz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Denmark
Test the strawberry alone to see how it tastes and which percentage it takes. Up it gradually. The same with the apple. Don't add sweetener unless finding that it's actually needed. If no strawberry flavor at 5%, then freakin' up it, as stated already...

This approach isn't mandatory and many don't do it, but is however imho what makes the most sense in the end, instead of just throwing different crap in, left and right from a posted recipe online...

MC Vape

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2015
Test the strawberry alone to see how it tastes and which percentage it takes. Up it gradually. The same with the apple. Don't add sweetener unless finding that it's actually needed. If no strawberry flavor at 5%, then freakin' up it, as stated already...

This approach isn't mandatory and many don't do it, but is however imho what makes the most sense in the end, instead of just throwing different crap in, left and right from a posted recipe online...

I've tried yesterday just Shisha Strawberry INW at 5% 60vg/40pg.
I felt some flavor but it was kind of weak and muted not what I was expected.

mhertz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Denmark
You need to seriously put in more effort than that.... Up it then! How do you know what to expect if it's the first mix made with said flavor standalone... Many use that flavor around 8% btw, but try 10% too...

Also good advice already given about checking your nic, so test an unflavored batch too...

DIY is alot of trial and error and repeat processes throughout, again and again with slight modifications until baseline found or recipe nailed etc ;)

Last edited:

MC Vape

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2015
You need to seriously put in more effort than that.... Up it then! How do you know what to expect if it's the first mix made with said flavor standalone... Many use that flavor around 8% btw, but try 10% too...

Also good advice already given about checking your nic, so test an unflavored batch too...

DIY is alot of trial and error and repeat processes throughout, again and again with slight modifications until baseline found or recipe nailed etc ;)

Are you talking about Shisha Strawberry at 8-10%?
Guy at the mall vape shop just told me that Kanger Subtank Mini mute the flavor alot. He suggested me some Smok tank which is RDA at the same time.

Matty316

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2014
Hull, England
If it's inawera shisha strawberry you are using the 8-10% is pretty high. Inawera flavors are generally much more concentrated than flavors from other supplyers. I made the mistake when i first started using inawera of using their strawberry (not shisha) at 10% and it didn't taste good at all. then i realised the reccomended % for that flavor was 3% so i tryed another batch at 4% and it was much better i could taste the strawberry much more.

I think the reccomended % for inawera shisha strawberry is 1-2% so you could be killing the flavor by using too much. I would try making a just shisha strawberry batch at 2% to see if thats any better.

Reactions: Iron Molly

MC Vape

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2015
If it's inawera shisha strawberry you are using the 8-10% is pretty high. Inawera flavors are generally much more concentrated than flavors from other supplyers. I made the mistake when i first started using inawera of using their strawberry (not shisha) at 10% and it didn't taste good at all. then i realised the reccomended % for that flavor was 3% so i tryed another batch at 4% and it was much better i could taste the strawberry much more.

I think the reccomended % for inawera shisha strawberry is 1-2% so you could be killing the flavor by using too much. I would try making a just shisha strawberry batch at 2% to see if thats any better.

Thanks for your advice. In this mix I've used 5% of Shisha Strawbery and can barely feel it or maybe none. Yesterday I just mixed 5% in 60vg/40pg 6% nic and I felt the strawberry but it was muted and not rich at all. Im still wondering is it my tank that kills my flavor or something else. I afraid if I go under 5% I wont feel anything like on other recipes I've tried before.

MC Vape

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2015

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    670 KB · Views: 28
Reactions: BrotherBob

MC Vape

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2015
And you know what was the weirdest thing ever. One of the guys on here gave me the recipe for Mothers Milk Clone. I made it 15ml and it was the best recipe I've ever tried. After that I made 15ml then 30ml then 15ml again but it was never ever the same like first time it was always harsh and no good flavor at all even if I was using exactly the same aromas and the same recipe. Thats the point where I get lost in my DIY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread