DIY pre flavoring question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banana Vap70

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2014
AZ, USA
I was wondering about pre flavoring VG. Meaning if you have a recipe that you make a lot, such as your ADV, is there any reason that since you know the quantity that your going to be making and you know how much VG and/or PG that you will be adding to your nic, is there any reason that you couldn't pre flavor your VG and/or PG a few weeks before adding your nic and making your actual mix. I was just thinking that this could cut down on the steeping time since it would already be blended with the VG and/or PG. Any thoughts or anyone try this?

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
I dont think it would hurt, especially if you know EXACTLY how much Nic and PG your adding later. But why wouldnt you just make batches in progression...make one this week, another next week, another next week and then label your mix the date its suposedly vapable.

Im not much a believer in the steep any more than one to three days. I use to be, but Im not anymore. Tobaccos..... maybe.

I use to stagger mixes and let them steep. The better Ive become at making my own juices, I dont have any flavor that needs steeping, including a 7 flavor vanilla Custard. ......and I dont do tobaccos
:ohmy:
To each his own though. (I'll get flak for this one)

Banana Vap70

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2014
AZ, USA
Thunderball: That is kind of what I do now, but sometimes, why I am not sure, it seems to take the exact same mix more time to steep, so this week is fine, and I make my batch for next week and then it's not quite ready when I need it. No variables other then room temp, but not enough to make a difference, and maybe a day or two depending on how much I am vaping. I know there are different thought process's on steeping. I have some that are great in a few day and others that need that extra time, if I didn't really like it, I wouldn't wait on it that is for surel

Birdieman: So I guess it doesn't matter how far in advance you mix your flavors with the nic then.

My thought was that maybe there could be a disadvantage to mixing the flavor with the nic to far in advance of actually using it and that if there were, that might not be the case if you just mixed the flavor with the VG or PG that you would later add to the nic. I mix up my base 24mg 20pg80vg in advance, keep it in the freezer then just pull out a bottle and add the flavor to it when it warms up, but then have to wait for a week or two for the flavors to steep into the liquid. My thought process was rather then pre mix my base, pre mix my flavor with vg or pg a few weeks to a month in advance in bulk basically, 120 or more ml, then pull the % I need from that and add it to my nic and cut out the steep time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread