diy help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

I need knowledge

May 7, 2016
USA
I am a novice e juice diy-er, I have been mixing since December of last year (2015) have gotten pretty good at it. My friends and family have tried some of my mixes and they keep getting more, guess I'm decent at it.

First off, I bought some pg liquid that contains nicotine, the problem is that the diy calculator does not have an in put field for this, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
To anyone viewing this thread check out the OP's original thread: intrduction

My last response. Not sure if I have it 100% right as far as what the OP has.
Let me see if I have this right.
  • So what you are really saying is you have TWO nicotine bases
    • 24mg/ml in a 30pg/70vg base
    • 3 mg/ml in a 30pg/70vg base
  • You don't have any other PG or VG.
  • You are looking for a calculator to handle this.
Is this what you are saying?

Last edited:

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
and another problem i have is I bought 3mg/ml 100% pg and my target nic is 3mg/ml. However, I do still have some of my 30/70 pg/vg 24mg nic base left. would anyone know how to add this together and still have a usable nic base?

Yes. As stated above, this is a good one for combining.
E-Liquid Combining Calculator

Enter what you have, click on agree to terms box, then click calculate. That will give you what strength you have after you combine your 3 mg per ml liquid with your 24 mg per ml liquid. Then go here to calculate your recipe using the total that you came up with
E-Liquid Calculator With Ten Flavors

The only way to make 3 mg per ml liquid with the 3 mg nicotine that you have is to combine it with your 24 mg and go from there.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
and another problem i have is I bought 3mg/ml 100% pg and my target nic is 3mg/ml. However, I do still have some of my 30/70 pg/vg 24mg nic base left. would anyone know how to add this together and still have a usable nic base?

If you have 3mg/ml Nicotine base and you want to get to a 3mg/ml target, you can't do much. Because adding either PG or VG will lower the 3mg/ml level.

What PG to VG ratio do you want to end up with in your Target?

Because you could Dilute the 24mg/ml 30|70 down to 3mg using nothing but VG. And you would have almost 100% VG @ 3mg/ml.

So you would have One Bottle of 100% PG @ 3mg/ml and One Bottle of 100% PG @ 3mg/ml. Then you could just Combine part of one with the other in the PG to VG Ratio you want.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
If you have 3mg/ml Nicotine base and you want to get to a 3mg/ml target, you can't do much. Because adding either PG or VG will lower the 3mg/ml level.

What PG to VG ratio do you want to end up with in your Target?

Because you could Dilute the 24mg/ml 30|70 down to 3mg using nothing but VG. And you would have almost 100% VG @ 3mg/ml.

So you would have One Bottle of 100% PG @ 3mg/ml and One Bottle of 100% PG @ 3mg/ml. Then you could just Combine part of one with the other in the PG to VG Ratio you want.
Shouldn't he actually make the 24mg into a higher strength to actually obtain the 3mg finished product?
Ie. make it 6 mg.....or something of that nature. Because he would have 3mgvg/pg but no room to add flavor without further diluting the nic base. Just my 2 pennies.

:)

Reactions: zoiDman

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Shouldn't he actually make the 24mg into a higher strength to actually obtain the 3mg finished product?
Ie. make it 6 mg.....or something of that nature. Because he would have 3mgvg/pg but no room to add flavor without further diluting the nic base. Just my 2 pennies.

That can be done Also.

I threw out that option of getting everything thing to 3mg/ml because it might be Easier for the OP to Visualize/Grasp. And perhaps there might be less chance for Error.

Also when you get down to these Very Low Nicotine Levels, being able to tell the Difference in Nicotine Strength can be Difficult. ie: 3mg/ml vs. 2.7mg/ml at 10% Flavoring.

---

To be Honest, If I was the OP, and if I Didn't have a Bunch of Money tied up in that 3mg/ml Nicotine Base, I would just set it aside and Concentrate on working with 24mg/ml Nicotine Base.

I think trying to work with Both the 3mg/ml and the 24mg/ml Nicotine Base makes this Unnecessarily Complex. And Confusing even for a Non-Novice DIY-er.

But that's just my Opinion.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
That can be done Also.

I threw out that option of getting everything thing to 3mg/ml because it might be Easier for the OP to Visualize/Grasp. And perhaps there might be less chance for Error.

Also when you get down to these Very Low Nicotine Levels, being able to tell the Difference in Nicotine Strength can be Difficult. ie: 3mg/ml vs. 2.7mg/ml at 10% Flavoring.

---

To be Honest, If I was the OP, and if I Didn't have a Bunch of Money tied up in that 3mg/ml Nicotine Base, I would just set it aside and Concentrate on working with 24mg/ml Nicotine Base.

I think trying to work with Both the 3mg/ml and the 24mg/ml Nicotine Base makes this Unnecessarily Complex. And Confusing even for a Non-Novice DIY-er.

But that's just my Opinion.
I agree 100% with you. I thought about that a couple seconds after I posted. No offense intended. I hope none was taken. sorry :facepalm:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I agree 100% with you. I thought about that a couple seconds after I posted. No offense intended. I hope none was taken. sorry :facepalm:

No Offense taken S&S. And No Need for any Apologies.

Your way of doing this is Definitely a option. As my Non-Politically Correct Grandfather used to say... "There are Many Ways to Skin a Cat."

NOTE: No Cats were Skinned while making this Post. The Poster does not Recommend the Skinning Cats. All Cats mentioned above are 18 Years or Older.

scotdc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2015
Vegas, Baby
E-Juice Me Up is my favorite DIY calculator, but no, it doesn't handle combining which is what you're trying to do. The only calc I know of that will combine two juices of different strengths is Scubabatdan's spreadsheet. Someone linked it above.
No E Juice Me Up will combine two different strengths, it's in the "tools" tab and says combine nicotine levels or some such.

Reactions: Izan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread