Disposable vape ban

rob33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
A World Traveler
Juliaa, glad you joined us. I really don't have the answer you want to hear. The only sure fire way you can continue to vape without worrying about the next regulation is to do your own. An unregulated device, and a rda, most will last forever, get you a lifetime supply of nicotine and make you own eliquid, most everything else are common items. If you decide to go this route there is plenty of information on here, and members will chime in to help if you ask.

bombastinator2

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2023
Hi all, i vape Elf disposable, but it will be banned soon! So annoying, any recomendations what can i use after? Never been a smoker before. Thanks!
Well there’s everything else. Disposables only have value in that if they’re confiscated you’re not out much. It makes gear more expensive but it actually makes vaping cheaper because stuff is reusable. Vaping for a single month with a rebuildable you’ll spend between USA$20-75 (depending on whether you mix your own juice or not) instead of the several hundred you would have spent. The more reusable the cheaper it is long term but the higher the up front costs are. The cheapest thing to actually use is a rebuildable. There are a bunch of videos about them and so many that it’s difficult to pick just one. There ar RDAs and RTAs basically. There are some that do both that are called RTDAs. You buy one of those, as fits your preference, and a “mod” which is a battery pack. Generally with removable rechargable batteries. They generally need a charger, though ther are some that have a charging system built in. The standardized connection between them is called a 510. Any atomizer with a 510 connection will fit a mod with a 510 connection. Things are generally made out of milled stainless. Expect to spend about usa$50 for a kit that has an rta and a mod. There are also cartridge coils but they more-or -less take most of the savings out becaus instead of costing about 5¢ a wick it generally between $usa1-5 a piece. They last a bit under a week generally. I personally find them mind if a waste of time. They’re so much more profitable for the makers (so much more expensive for you) that often you are forced to buy the coil cartridge atty to get the mod. I toss the cartridge atties away myself and buy decent RDAs or RTAs for them, but the manufacturer is hoping you don’t. Coil systems cost a whole bunch more in the long run

All this does by a vape ban is open up the black market!
Has history not taught us anything?
Now is the time to get into DIY because you just don't know, is my state next?
Big TOBACCO has extremely deep pockets and just loves to throw their money at corrupt politicians to get what they want!

bombastinator2

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2023
All this does by a vape ban is open up the black market!
Has history not taught us anything?
Now is the time to get into DIY because you just don't know, is my state next?
Big TOBACCO has extremely deep pockets and just loves to throw their money at corrupt politicians to get what they want!
How did that go for fire arms though? Pretty sucessful iirc. My memory is while you can still get black-market firearms they’re incredibly expensive and sandy hook type people have huge problems getting them. They may wind up with a prohibition problem similar to what US had in the 20’s though.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
Welcome aboard - but as has been said, if you've never been a smoker I wouldn't recommend that you stick with vaping.

Howandever if you must - have a look at something like Innokin's Sceptre 2 - it's small, discrete, rechargeable and the pods take fresh coils. You can ( and will have to ) buy spare pods but in the longer term it'll be cheaper than disposables.

Ideally you'll need two - one to use and one as a backup.

jeckyjean

Moved On
Oct 31, 2022
  • Deleted by retired1

rub1x

• May 23, 2010
    NY
    www.gremlns.com
    Just bought my wife a Vaporesso ECO Nano -- she was in a similar conundrum, giving up Elfbars. Regardless of whether or not they're banned, rechargeable disposable devices generate a lot of unnecessary e-waste.

She loves the ECO Nano, but the most challenging thing is finding juice that matches the candy-like sweetness of the Elfbar... I'd recommend checking out the forums here or on e-liquid-recipes for advice on replicating your favorite flavors.

Last edited:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    She loves the ECO Nano, but the most challenging thing is finding juice that matches the candy-like sweetness of the Elfbar.

Yup, that's a huge problem for disposables vapers looking to switch to refillable vapes. Those things are loaded with flavoring (and IMHO probably not good for you because of it). The Elf people make juice in a bottle but as far as I can tell it's not available to the USA. There's also a brand Called PodJuice I see a lot of people recommend on reddit.

In the end, I think, your wife is going to have to deal with the idea that she may have to settle for juices that are less flavorful than the disposables. And like I said, IMHO I think healthwise she'll be better off for it. NOt to mention it's much easier on the wallet to not use disposables.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    100% on the health, the wallet, and the environment to boot. I'll have to look into PodJuice, I've seen that name come up several places as well.

Vaporesso is also coming in with a line of eliquid seems to be directed toward the Eco Nano and XROS users due to UK disposables ban thingy. But so far it seems that it's only gonna be released in UK.

bombastinator2

ECF Veteran
    Apr 15, 2023
    Just bought my wife a Vaporesso ECO Nano -- she was in a similar conundrum, giving up Elfbars. Regardless of whether or not they're banned, rechargeable disposable devices generate a lot of unnecessary e-waste.

She loves the ECO Nano, but the most challenging thing is finding juice that matches the candy-like sweetness of the Elfbar... I'd recommend checking out the forums here or on e-liquid-recipes for advice on replicating your favorite flavors.
    The best imho is the rebuildable stuff: complete freedom. You have to be willing to deal with the blackened stuff though. RTAs and RDAs don’t hide the mess like coil cartridges do (the same mess is still there, and it builds up just as fast. they just hide it behind steel or a white cotton layer). Out of sight out of mind. Me I like to know when my cotton is getting dirty and needs to be replaced. “It tastes wrong” is waaay too late.

Users who are viewing this thread