Dimensions and Quick Fix for O-Rings in Kanger Mini Protank-II (V2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I measured 2 different o-rings in my KangerTech Mini Protank-II (V2). Mine is in a black box with szkanger website printed on the bottom just like I've seen in reviews. I believe mine is authentic as besides paying good money for it appears well made and has none of the shonky problems of the knockoffs. (Stock coils are tightly wrapped, drip tip doesn't wobble around, chrome plating on drip tip hasn't worn off, ect)

Here's the dimensions. Note the thin 1mm bottom o-ring is the one most likely to break IMO since you screw it undone and tight again every time you refil compressing in between two metal threaded pieces. The drip tip o-ring is thick and tough and should last a while IMO.

This is the bottom o-ring shown on the base:
thumbnail.ashx

Bottom o-ring (for the dark bottom "metal ring" which connects to the chrome "threaded base" which has the Kangertech Mini Protank-II logo etched into it)
10mm*1mm*8mm (10mm outer diameter, 1mm thick, 8mm inner diameter)

Chrome drip tip o-ring (mouthpiece)
8mm*2mm*4.5mm (8mm outer diameter, 2mm thick, 4.5mm inner diameter)

I've heard a good place to try first would be your local hardware shop now that you've got these dimensions if you can't find it there and you really want o-rings the US Kanger shop kangertechus.com does list only one type of o-rings but the dimensions do not match mine (once converted from imperial to metric). I can only assume this is a gamble as to if it will fit the Mini Protank or is really only for the larger Protank models. The other option on that site is to just buy the whole base pictures which contains another o-rings. This isn't a bad deal for $2.50 incase you end up stripping the metal base eventually and need a replacement, but then there's shipping. For those not in the USA once you factor in the extra shipping cost of going though a shipping company like shipito.com to send it to your local country it really is only going to be worth the cost if you need to buy a number of items like another Mini Protank ect.

So lets move on to the quick fix! I found my teflon dental floss works great or if you can't find that I don't see why plumbers teflon tape wouldn't work (once you cut down width with a blade). So without the bottom o-ring I just wrapped the teflon dental floss around the threads of the bottom base. It screws together very nicely and snug so I highly doubt any leaks and the dental floss is completely hidden when done up tight! The dental floss I have is CareDent PerioTape. It's teflon (PTFE) which means it has excellent chemical resistance (to caustic e-juice flavour blends) and won't shred from wear. I'd stear clear of any crappy waxed ordinary dental floss such as Colgate or any of that other crap you generally find in the supermarket.

If this helps:
http://www.caredent.com.au/dentist/index.php/products/tape-floss/periotape-regular-30m.html

P.S. It's also great for flossing ya teeth. :p Professional authodonsit put me onto it when I had bracers.

JaxMike

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2014
Jacksonville FL
Not sure if you're asking for help, or just offering advice.

I found a black rubber washer in my tool box that fit perfectly, but was concerned that it would break down under some juices and that I would be vaping petroleum.

Ended up buying a set of o rings on ebay: Kanger Rubber O Ring Seal Ring for Mini Protank 2 8 Rings | eBay

They seem to fit just right. Floss is a good idea, though.

Was offering advice mate. Especially if people broke or lost the o-rings and needed dimensions to hunt for em at the local hardware shop. Seeing as the other thread on protank mini o-rings was closed and was left a bit up in the air as to solutions.

Glad to hear the Kanger ones fit mate that's good to know. You are lucky living in the US. As Rip Trippers would say "vape heaven". Other than the fact of cheap shipping and great access to cheap parts and I can only dream of brick & mortar vape shops where you can try out flavours for free and shoot the sħ!t with other vape junkies. That would be "Sick as Ƭɨts!" :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread