Did the holes get bigger??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suncruiser

Sep 23, 2011
northeast
I just started using new cartos I got last week and so far the first 3 gurgle like crazy and drip juice through the battery end! I've been using my sub tank and M&P cartos for a while now and never had this happen. Nothings changed - same tank, same juice, same filling methods, etc. I'm looking at the holes and they seem to be bigger than previous cartos I got from M&P. Any ideas on what to do? I threw out the first 2 thinking they were shot but now I'm thinking that's not the case..... Help, I'm almost out of cartos (and money)!

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Frank's ford, in the Caintuck
This may be a silly question, but is it the same PV? I have trouble using tanks on my GG because the center pin is small enough that it goes inside the hole in most cartos (inside the little bevel around the hole) enough to wick the juice out. Or, if you still have one of the older cartos you may want to compare the center pins to see if anything's different. One problem with vaping supplies is that the manufacturers will often change "little" things with no notice...

And yes, if the holes are too big they can cause the problems you describe. If the problem is that the punched holes are too big, though, it's fairly easy to compensate by moving the bottom grommet up a little higher to partially cover (and thus effectively lessen the size of) the holes.

P0P

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
C'Ville Virginia
momandpopvaporshop.com
I just started using new cartos I got last week and so far the first 3 gurgle like crazy and drip juice through the battery end! I've been using my sub tank and M&P cartos for a while now and never had this happen. Nothings changed - same tank, same juice, same filling methods, etc. I'm looking at the holes and they seem to be bigger than previous cartos I got from M&P. Any ideas on what to do? I threw out the first 2 thinking they were shot but now I'm thinking that's not the case..... Help, I'm almost out of cartos (and money)!

Hmmm!

Suncruiser I am sorry to hear this. I am using the same punch and method but thats not fixing your problem right now for now i would slide the bottom grommet down to cover the holes a little and see if that helps also what ohm carto is causing this so far i have had no real issues as a whole its very difficult to have one way or amount of holes in any particular cart with so many Pv and voltage desires out there. I would be more then happy to punch however many holes one would want and give that a try by using the comments section.

Suncruiser

Sep 23, 2011
northeast
Thanks for all the ideas......I emptied out the tank, slid the bottom grommet over the holes and have been vaping all day just dripping on the top of the carto (using the carto like a "normal" carto) I tried cleaning it off and putting tape over the holes so I wouldn't have to keep it in the tank but the tape keeps sliding off. I'm gonna try what someone above mentioned - cutting a carto condom to cover the holes. I know the carto is still good and don't want to waste it! I also noticed my tank has a small, hairline crack going from the fill hole up to the top - it doesn't seem to go all the way through though.....maybe that's what's causing the carto to flood? Anyhow, off to order more stuff, yet again!

Suncruiser

Sep 23, 2011
northeast
Thought I'd post an update to my problem - the tiny crack going from the fill hole up was the culprit - I put some crazy glue along the crack, let it dry, filled it up and no more gurgling :) Wish I hadn't thrown out the first 2 cartos! I've since ordered a new tank, but at least this one will get me through till the new one arrives. I'm thinking the crack may have resulted from screwing the thumb screw down too hard - will be more careful with my new one!

Suncruiser - don't forget to release the pressure on your tank as it empties, simply by unscrewing the thumbscrew and taking it out for a second and reinserting. The pressure build-up is not responsible for your gurgling, but may have contributed to your cracking. Sign me, been there, done that.
Thought I'd post an update to my problem - the tiny crack going from the fill hole up was the culprit - I put some crazy glue along the crack, let it dry, filled it up and no more gurgling :) Wish I hadn't thrown out the first 2 cartos! I've since ordered a new tank, but at least this one will get me through till the new one arrives. I'm thinking the crack may have resulted from screwing the thumb screw down too hard - will be more careful with my new one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread