Did I get a bad battery? Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaliVaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2011
Outer Space
Hi, I received my 78mm Manual battery today. It was already somewhat pre-charged, but the LED was dim, so I put it on the charger. Once it was charged I went to use it, and nothing... NO vapor what so ever. Tried 3 different CE3 cartomizers (also ordered from SI) and everyone produced Absolutely zero vapor. So I threw them on my old SI auto battery that doesn't hold a charge anymore, and even on that it produced a crappy little ammount of vapor. Then put them on some other brand batteries (which are also going bad) and they produced about the normal ammount of vapor.

I cant figure out why they won't produce any vapor on the new battery, I tested it with a multimeter and it reads 3.74V fresh off the charger. Its NOT a contact issue with the center post, because there is a considerable gap between the bottom of the CE3 and the part of the battery where it "seats". Also not sure if its normal, but the "chip" with the LED on the end is way different than the auto battery...it looks cheaper (how its made/build quality) see in pics below.

Also I gotta say, I was VERY disapointed about the draw... its SUPER tight. My SI auto battery also has a tighter draw than what I like and this SI manual battery is even worse. That surprises me because for my other brand batteries, the Manual batteries have a looser draw. The SI manual battery I received has 2 air inlets (is that the standard?) Seriously, you need to add some more air inlets or enlarge the 2 that are there. My other batteries don't have that tight a draw until the air holes are almost completely clogged up.

What should I do? Can I get a replacement or a refund? and would a replacement even help? It would probably still have the same SUPER tight draw, unless I got an old battery or something with smaller/less air holes

AUTO battery - see how its "molded" in there with wires coming through exactly where they are supposed to be, very clean and "high quality" looking

SIA_BIG.png

MANUAL battery - see how it just uses some cheap shrink wrap and is sorta just laying in there.

SIM_BIG.png

Also one final issue with this battery... the Diamond end cap does not fit on it? I never saw any info saying that the diamond end caps only work on auto's, so I'm assuming they should work on manuals as well. But as you can see in the picture below, it doesnt work. I push it on, it doesnt stay on. Keep in mind that is right side up, it dosn't just "fall out" but it won't go any further than what you see unless I forcefully push on it.

SIDT_BIG.png

Last edited:

CaliVaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2011
Outer Space
Like I said, i HIGHLY doubt its the posts at all (carto too) because there is already a realatively large gap in there. Trying to pull the post out anymore would likely snap the coil.

As far as the draw goes, for those of you who have SI auto's and manual's do your manuals have a tighter draw than your autos too? I mean IMO, it just seems excessively tight, but Even If I got a replacement I don't know that the draw would be any different because there is nothing obstructing the air holes.

I guess I'll just have to contact customer service... Suppose I'll have to wait till monday for a response?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread