Devices compared

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
I heard that epipes were good with vapour and batteries so I ordered one to give it a try. It hasn't arrived yet but I'll be comparing it to my classic penstyle. There seems to be different views spread around the forum on ecigars, ecigarillos, epipes, classics/penstyle, minis and super minis. Maybe some of our more experienced esmokers can give their opinions on some of the pros and cons of different devices ... pretty please. :thumbs:

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Yay, my epipe arrived today. I've charged the battery and am just giving it a go now. It's very heavy, I wasn't expecting that but it sits in the hand ok. The mouthpiece is wider than an ecig and feels a bit awkward.

From new with a fresh battery and cartridge it smokes really well. Lots of vapour compared to my ecig and very easy draw.

So far so good. If the vapour stays dense like this I might use it as my main device at home but will probably use my ecig when out and about. I'm afraid I'm a victim of fashon. It is just unusual for a woman to smoke a pipe and I would feel very self-conscious if I was using it around other people. Maybe I'll get over that one day.

I think I'm overdosing on nicotine. I've been mixing my own juice with very little nicotine but today I've been vaping low nicotine juice and cartridges. There's a dramatic difference, I wasn't aware of missing nicotine when I cut down but have to admit in a guilty sort of way I'm enjoying the higher nic. buzz.

Last edited:

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Lol, well I won't think about changing her yet, I might just try out ecigars one day.

Sorry, I don't have the equipment to do a video. The hit is a bit dramatic actually. When I first got an ecig I started with a high nic. tobacco flavour cartridge. It tasted really strong to me, it irritated my throat and gave me to much of a nic. buzz. I could hardly stand it so I diluted the liquid and refilled the cartridge. I've been smoking my own dilute mix ever since and it's a nice easy vapour with a very gentle kick. The hit now from this ready made stuff is better than my first experience, it's low nic. It feels substantial in my lungs, like smoke. It is a bit harsher than my mix but tolerable as long as I don't take a long draw, then it's too much.

I do feel a bit guilty that I'm enjoying the nic. and heavy smoke-like vapour but not so guilty that it'll stop me. ;)

ned Zeppelin

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2008
uk
I heard that epipes were good with vapour and batteries so I ordered one to give it a try. It hasn't arrived yet but I'll be comparing it to my classic penstyle. There seems to be different views spread around the forum on ecigars, ecigarillos, epipes, classics/penstyle, minis and super minis. Maybe some of our more experienced esmokers can give their opinions on some of the pros and cons of different devices ... pretty please. :thumbs:

Hi Kate
I've also ordered 2 pipes from Loong Totem they only cost me £24 each plus £1000 to ship.
So I will let you know how I get on.
I have been currently testing 2 cigars one
Generic and one sedansa they look identical on the outside but the size of the atomiser inside is different. The Generic is smaller and the sedansa is larger but that seems to be the case with Generic and main brand atomisers with what I have tested so for..

Normally the main brand atomiser always tends to be more lively easy draw more vapour etc.
But these 2 cigars are working in the opposite way which is a first for me. The Generic is working far better than the main brand. Example never had this happen with comparing pen styles.
But what is baffling me with these cigars is that they seem to work okay one minute and die on you the next then okay later.

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Hiya Ned. Have a look at your post, that's a lot of money for shipping - £1000, lol. I guess you mean £10.

Do tell me what you think of your epipes when you get them and how you think they compare to other smoking devices.

What are the ecigars like compared to ecigs? Do they have heavier vapour? I've heard that there is no vapour when you exhale but that might be to do with the liquid they come with, is that right? Have you tried dripping them? What is battery life like? I suppose that they have bigger batteries than ecigs and probably last longer.

Have you tried mini or super mini ecigs? I have no experience of these and don't know how they would compare to my classic.

ned Zeppelin

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2008
uk
Hiya Ned. Have a look at your post, that's a lot of money for shipping - £1000, lol. I guess you mean £10.

Do tell me what you think of your epipes when you get them and how you think they compare to other smoking devices.

What are the ecigars like compared to ecigs? Do they have heavier vapour? I've heard that there is no vapour when you exhale but that might be to do with the liquid they come with, is that right? Have you tried dripping them? What is battery life like? I suppose that they have bigger batteries than ecigs and probably last longer.

Have you tried mini or super mini ecigs? I have no experience of these and don't know how they would compare to my classic.

Hi Kate
I think you're right it is what cartridge liquid etc you put in regarding the vapour when my cigars are working good they were bellowing it out just like one of our members in this forum on his video exactly like that.

So there is more or can be more vapour depends on your liquid but I have also found this is the same when dripping different liquids or so more definitely more hit .Example it was the first time on smoking any electronic cigarette I have actually coughed and I have coughed a few times since smoking a cigar.

I do have several minis 901 and also super mini various versions of that. The 901 or so is a good little work horse but nowhere near the classic as far as I'm concerned.
Oh I forgot regarding batteries for cigar I haven't really timed as such probably around the same as the classic.
I also have been dripping the cigar to which has a nice big cartridge to fill. The cartridge I also feel they don't seem to last much longer than your classic but that depends on how you smoke it and if you're like me and it is welded to my lips most of the day they don't last long but keep dripping keeps them good

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
So is there really not much difference between classics and cigars? It sounds like they pretty much work the same given the same liquid. You say one of yours bellows out vapour, is it denser than the usual classic? It made you cough so it must be pretty heavy I guess.

The DSE901 mini gets recommended a lot but I like the idea of longer battery life and bigger cartridge of the classic. I guess the 901 would be good for going out and the classic as a main device at home. From what I can tell the super minis aren't up to much as far as battery life and cartridge size and they usually don't 'smoke' as well as a mini or classic. But then they are the ones that look most like cigs and are likely to be attractive to new esmokers. I stand to be corrected here because I don't really know what I'm talking about, I'm just going by what I've picked up from other people.

I'm finding my epipe a bit too strong and heavy for my tastes. I'm not keen on the flavour of the cartridges either. I might be more fond of it when I try dripping my own mix.

Mr.Darcy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2008
UK
i find a big difference between cigar and classic.

in my experience theres a big difference between the two devices-in vapour consistency,draw,taste-even with the same liquid,atomiser durability and battery life...both have strengths and weaknesses.

its probably a matter of taste,but overall i much prefer the classic penstyle.

as for the 901...well i actually do the reverse...i use the 901 at home mainly,because of the short battery life and the need to refill regularly...otherwise i could be left high and dry when away from home...so i usually take the penstyle out with me,hidden in a lanyard,and i can vape away til my hearts content.

most new esmokers see the limitations of the smaller devices soon after buying them,and then usually move up to pens,cigars etc...

but you just cant put some of them off buying one with logic at first,cos they look like a ...,and thats important to lots of people at first...

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
"most new esmokers see the limitations of the smaller devices soon after buying them,and then usually move up to pens,cigars etc..." My worry would be if there is a high proportion of potential converts who are put off altogether by their first one and only bad device. It's a pity that the devices are so unreliable because there must be some people who just give up on ecigs completely without trying different devices.

(... potential converts... can you tell I've become an evangelist!)

DeviLFisH

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2008
"most new esmokers see the limitations of the smaller devices soon after buying them,and then usually move up to pens,cigars etc..." My worry would be if there is a high proportion of potential converts who are put off altogether by their first one and only bad device. It's a pity that the devices are so unreliable because there must be some people who just give up on ecigs completely without trying different devices.

(... potential converts... can you tell I've become an evangelist!)
:oops:I am opposite..

I first own penstyle
than now go to mini and 103

Mr.Darcy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2008
UK
yes,im sure theres a real possibility of that happening a lot...

in fact i recall someone on this forum gave up after a bad supermini experience for their first ecig...they fell by the wayside,and never came back...its a shame...but it probably happens all the time.

i suppose thats why we are all passionate about trying to recommend the best possible ecigs for the newer members...

all you need is a good initial ecig and good supplier,and chances are youll be a convert...and the more the merrier,i say.;)

ned Zeppelin

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2008
uk
kate....I'm finding my epipe a bit too strong and heavy for my tastes. I'm not keen on the flavour of the cartridges either. I might be more fond of it when I try dripping my own mix

Do you know what pipe liquid you have? Is it pillbox pipe? if so that's Marlborough which I love it is very heavy at first but after a couple of days you begin to like it and love it.

DeviLFisH

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2008
Is the 103 a super mini? How do the mini and 103 compare to the classic/penstyle for you Fish?

103 is aka V2 model.

draw is not there for me .is up to individual as I comment is base on my own feelings.

the draw is like smoking air.
but vapour wise is not bad , decent vapour.

cart wise depend on individual again here , the supplier stated can hold 70 to 80 puffs. per cart.

mini aka 901 which I believe many members already owned.
if compare 103 and 901 , each got pros and cos.

103 look more like real cig , but puff wise is not many compare to 901 at least u can smoke more puffs.

draw wise I feel 901 is better .

penstyle wise I forgot how it feel as my dad don;t know throw to where ....

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Ned, I got my epipe from ecigs.com so it's their cartridges I'm smoking in it. I'm not sure but I think it's just ordinary tobacco flavour. After vaping home made juice for a few weeks now I find that I do not like the tobacco flavour or the harsh hit to throat and lungs. It might appeal to someone trying to switch from burning tobacco.

What do you put in your own mix Ned? Mine is squeezed cartridges, veg glycerine, distilled water and vanilla extract.

It sounds like you're saying that the 103/V2 is a supermini Fish. I haven't noticed any good comments about them except that they can introduce people to the possibility of esmoking with an acceptable image - they look like cigs. It's good you got the 901 to keep you going.

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
Ned- the pipe you have, is that from loongtotem? Or another company? also, if it's from the loongtotem- did you get hte throwaway cigars yet? Wondering how they perform? Whether you think they can be refilled liek in Leaford's video where he refilled the htrowaway Ruyan cigar? can be found here http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-discussion/1951-throwaway-cigar-smokers.html

I'm looking for a substantial hitting esmoking device- the peipe you have, is the hit just overbearing and not pleasant? Do you think someone looking for a strong flavor and hit would object?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread