Status
Not open for further replies.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
I've noticed on several threads how folks are concerned about the aesthetics, in particular the diameter and length of the various vaporizing devices.

I was curious, so I started taking measurements of what I have, and a bit of research on the more popular devices that I don't have. Dimensions are rounded off, so you ten-thousandths place guys, calm down.
1mm equals .040" and 1" equals 25.4mm. Basically, if something is about 4 inches long, it's a little over 101mm long - and so on and so forth.

• The typical eGo threaded clearomizer is about the same diameter as the typical eGo battery at 15mm, or .600" in diameter. What a shock huh? :p
  • EVODs are 65.5 (2.5") in length, while the larger capacity T3/T3S is 79mm (3.1").
  • Most carto tanks are 19, 22 and 24mm in diameter, or... .750", 870" and 950".
  • Most assembled standard 510 carto tanks, measured from base to a typical drip tip (22mm exposed) are 60mm (2.3") long, while XL tanks are 66.6mm (2.6"). 3V brand tanks with Boge cartos used for these measurements.

I'm finding quite an inconsistency in printed dimensions of devices like the Kanger ProTank or ProTank II, Vision Vivi Nova, Anyvape Davide... or any other clearo-tank for that matter. I don't own any of these myself, so... if the reader is interested, anyone who might own any of these devices, or any other device not listed here, and has a dial or digital caliper and/or can measure them reasonably accurately, please add your data. At the end of the thread, I'll crunch it all together... and we should have a pretty good list.

As a point of reference, eGo lengths are found on the image below... as stolen from Health Cabin.

Battrey%20guide2.jpg

That's it,
C

Last edited:

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
I suppose, while were at it, if anyone would like to measure the L/D of any VV or VV-VW or mech mod where the dimensions for those are not or not easily found, we can include those as well.

I know dimensions are available for these, but here are the dimensions for the following Innokin iTaste models in one place, in mm:

• 3.0. - 15 X 15 X 108.5
  • SVD - 23.5 X 109.5-139.5 (tele mod)
  • MVP - 41 X 22 X 107
  • VTR - 54.5 X 22 X 106 (Per Fairy-gift.com)
  • 134 - 7-3/4"L x 1-1/4" (Per MyVapeStore) - Metric: 197 X 31.7

And... something that is due to arrive tomorrow...

Smoktech Magneto -7/8" X 3-3/8" ~ 4-3/8" - Metric: 22.2 X 85.7 ~ 111

C

Last edited:

SharonMM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
Lakeville, MN
Size matters. Whoever says otherwise was just blowing vapor up your .....

For real tho, I'd probably pay more attention to the specs if they weren't in metric.

Another thing... These things aren't legal everywhere. In the case that you would need to stash it somewhere very personal, I could see diameter becoming a very relevant issue.. :eek:

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Size matters. Whoever says otherwise was just blowing vapor up your .....

For real tho, I'd probably pay more attention to the specs if they weren't in metric.
Lots of metric to inch converters available... and most folks here would be happy to convert for you. I'll have to try that blowing vapor up... something. ;)

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
I don't have any dimensions to add, but wanted to say that diameter (or l/w for box mods) does make a difference for me. One of the things I don't like about egos is they're too small to feel comfortable in the hand
No worries, a chat is fine.

You don't say what you use, but in a "stick type" battery, the Innokin iTaste 3.0, due to it's square shape, is far more comfortable for me than the round sticks.
They fit the hand very naturally... and of course the VV-VW, pass-through and resistance reading capabilities make it far superior to any other stick battery. In fact, because it's a self-contained stick type VV-VW... it is unique unto itself. Try one... they're only $35 at iVapes when you use their coupon code "itastevv".

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Although a lot of the devices on that chart aren't commonly available anymore. It's interesting to see how the market has gotten more streamlined. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a Joye 302/801 battery these days.
I'm hip Ocelot. I just couldn't find a ready to go, ego'ish type image that shows all the current stick batteries and their lengths... and I'm to lazy to make my own, or make a written list of all of them. Funny thing is, at some point in this thread, I'll probably end up making that list, and perhaps a photo array, anyway. :ohmy:

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
rounding third and heading home...
No worries, a chat is fine.

You don't say what you use, but in a "stick type" battery, the Innokin iTaste 3.0, due to it's square shape, is far more comfortable for me than the round sticks.
They fit the hand very naturally... and of course the VV-VW, pass-through and resistance reading capabilities make it far superior to any other stick battery. In fact, because it's a self-contained stick type VV-VW... it is unique unto itself. Try one... they're only $35 at iVapes when you use their coupon code "itastevv".

site says they are $49.95 and they are OUT-they are also 800mah which wouldn't last (me) very long. now you have to buy 2 which is a pricier proposition.

BlueMoods

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
USA - Arkansas
Well I run a Provari so, here's the dimensions on it (US only since I don't do metric.)

4.1" Long x 0.90" Diameter without the extension cap and, 4.6" long with the extension cap. That's without a delivery device on it.

If something bigger or smaller delivered what I want from a PV better, I'd use it - I don't care what it looks like or what size it is as long as it is reliable, durable and, does what I want it to do to my satisfaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread