smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    When I smoked rolling tobacco, I never gave a thought to how much nicotine I was consuming.
    What sort of mg level in an e-liquid would be equal to smoking a hand rolled cigarette - such as Golden Virginia?
    It really depends on how much you smoked and what will keep you off those rollies. I was a pack a day and started at 18mg, and now have worked myself down to 6mg. Also, factor in if you plan to use nic salts and if your vaping style is direct to lung, mouth to lung, and are using sub-ohm coils or not.

Real-ist

Jan 25, 2024
    Among The Pugs
    When I smoked rolling tobacco, I never gave a thought to how much nicotine I was consuming.
    What sort of mg level in an e-liquid would be equal to smoking a hand rolled cigarette - such as Golden Virginia?
    I smoked Newports mainly. In my transition, I started at 24mg. A key thing for me was how much (often) I pulled on it. Too often would lead to my getting Nic Sick.

Dependent on your cigs/day/brand is a factor to give the best suggestion to you. 18mg (low watt/MTL) is likely a good starting point.

Dan_V

Mar 14, 2024
    Of course! The thing missing from my post is my set up... Sorry! :)

These days the nichrome coils (in my RDA) come in at around 3.9 0.39 ohms, drawing 35 Watts from a regulated box mod. Previously, I was at 3.0 0.3 ohms, drawing 50 Watts on the same mod. I also use a single 18650 hybrid mechanical with the same RDA, which has three settings available, via the MOSFET. The result feels about the same with both.

I have it in mind to go MTL, after more than a decade of DTL vaping. I expect I may end up coiling to a higher resistance for the new RDA.

Either way, I'm trying to find out the general nicotine level one could expect from a cigarette. Not about what levels people use to come off cigarettes. Because giving up nicotine has never really been on my agenda. For me, vaping is all about the nicotine. It's not a cessation aid.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread