Delivery in China

Status
Not open for further replies.

vocr

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2011
Manila, RP
I think the problem is not that, well not totally, its that there are export vs domestic laws in regards to goods and production, that make things difficult (to put it mildly). Ran into those about 10 years ago and had to go through the red layers of heaven and hell (always fun, sarcasm of course). Turned out it wasn't worth the time or money (export was far more profitable, back then anyway). Hope things have changed today, but I would think probably not.

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
You are right about the ampount of smokers in China,

but the reason why it would not take off is -
of course the domestic laws first of all,

and secondly -- the cost -

china does not have high wages,
e-cigs would be a luxury item for the chinese people.
whereas cigarettes are sooooo cheeeeep !!
when I lived there - I bought a carton of 240 cigarettes for 8.00 USA.

wow wish e-cigs were that cheeeeep !!!!!

but after the initial outlay -
the ongoing costs are very cheep
and the benefits are amazing compared to tobacco !!

vocr

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2011
Manila, RP
Its not any PVs laws that are the issue but China's market is closed and heavily controlled. Meaning product production is marked domestic and export. The majority of stuff made in China is export only and stuff that can be returned to domestic market faces high tariffs (why iPhones, for example, are punishingly expensive in China but cheap in HK).

After the US crashed, some of the laws have been relaxed, when the CCP decided to try and grow their GDP using US style consumerism. The emerging rich have picked up the CCP's call to consumerism only they tend to do it abroad, irony at its finest. Sorry, that's a joke, it kills in China. :) Actually, internal marketing reports I've seen do show that it has had effect as consumption has ticked up.

Nicko

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2010
China
Its not any PVs laws that are the issue but China's market is closed and heavily controlled. Meaning product production is marked domestic and export. The majority of stuff made in China is export only and stuff that can be returned to domestic market faces high tariffs (why iPhones, for example, are punishingly expensive in China but cheap in HK).

After the US crashed, some of the laws have been relaxed, when the CCP decided to try and grow their GDP using US style consumerism. The emerging rich have picked up the CCP's call to consumerism only they tend to do it abroad, irony at its finest. Sorry, that's a joke, it kills in China. :) Actually, internal marketing reports I've seen do show that it has had effect as consumption has ticked up.

Ok, I got it. Maybe I should end this, there's more I want to say, but .... finished.

Nicko

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2010
China
I occasionally go to So. China for business but haven't been since I've quit smoking. Will I likely have customs or police problems if I bring an e-cig on my next trip? I can't imagine going back to smoking but I am still addicted to nicotine.

E-cigs are perfectly legal here. Bring anything you want.

vocr

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2011
Manila, RP
What's worst most of the best juice made in the US or UK don't deliver to China, period. (I'm still thinking of a way to get around this).

I am not recommending this service, as I have never used it, but something like this would probably be exactly what you need. I use a local company to do the same thing for where I am. Stuff only takes a week to get to me and all the PV stuff is really light. I end up paying like $15 for less than 2lbs.

Davidyang

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2008
China
www.eastmall.net
I occasionally go to So. China for business but haven't been since I've quit smoking. Will I likely have customs or police problems if I bring an e-cig on my next trip? I can't imagine going back to smoking but I am still addicted to nicotine.

as far as I know, there are not many ecig users in China, in China, one pack of real cigarette is 1-3 USD, they could get the cigarette everywhere, but to start ecig, need to start at $20-30 usd, in the long run, ecig saves a lot for them, but it seems that they prefer spent small money but often. another thing I noticed is that , we Chinese seems to have different taste of the liquid, I have many friends taste our product, all of them say it is too sweet, not like real ecig. the last thing I noticed is that most of the Chinese like to follow the trend, they are not as easy as people from other country to try new things. Hope some day ecig is as popular as it is in USA:toast:

humpty

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
HK
... in China, one pack of real cigarette is 1-3 USD, ... Chinese seems to have different taste of the liquid, . Hope some day ecig is as popular as it is in USA:toast:
Yep, And another freedom they have in China is that analogs can still be smoked just about everywhere (oh those were the days). Last time I cross the border, I saw the e-cig TV ads, and they were mixing in exotic herbs to rid you of the nasty habit. Don't worry David, those rich chinese yuppies will catchon to care more about their health before emigrating to the US!

Davidyang

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2008
China
www.eastmall.net
Yep, And another freedom they have in China is that analogs can still be smoked just about everywhere (oh those were the days). Last time I cross the border, I saw the e-cig TV ads, and they were mixing in exotic herbs to rid you of the nasty habit. Don't worry David, those rich chinese yuppies will catchon to care more about their health before emigrating to the US!

Hi Humpty, You are in HK ? next time coming to Shenzhen, give me a shot, we could spend some wonderful time together:toast:

famous

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
Hi Easties,

I am living in Zhuhai,which I think is pretty close to Shenzhen.

Do you happen to have a shop I could visit to buy some products?

It would be nice to cut out the whole on line payment and mailing routine.

Also, do you have access to a stick version ecig any more?

I have been using egos/rivas for a long time now and want to try something new (or old) again.

Even though it leaked from dripping, and the battery life sucked, I am kind of missing the old janty stick I used to have because I liked the size and look of the unit..

Thanks, Patrick

Nicko

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2010
China
as far as I know, there are not many ecig users in China, in China, one pack of real cigarette is 1-3 USD, they could get the cigarette everywhere, but to start ecig, need to start at $20-30 usd, in the long run, ecig saves a lot for them, but it seems that they prefer spent small money but often. another thing I noticed is that , we Chinese seems to have different taste of the liquid, I have many friends taste our product, all of them say it is too sweet, not like real ecig. the last thing I noticed is that most of the Chinese like to follow the trend, they are not as easy as people from other country to try new things. Hope some day ecig is as popular as it is in USA:toast:

You are right. Nobody in China would save money by switching to e-cigs. Cigs are very cheap here. But I'm happy to be saving my health by vaping now. Even my closest friends can not understand the difference between vaping and smoking, even if I do my best to explain it. Totally weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread