Decision made...I think

Status
Not open for further replies.

fremmyRN

Sep 14, 2012
United States
So my bf & I have decided to try vaping. I've done my research, which means I'm overwhelmed and confused. BUT I think I have figured out what we want to start with. What I want to know is if anyone has anything to say about my picks. Good or Bad. I want to know. I have decided to get 2 different starter packs, 1 each.
First: I have picked eGo Dual Coil Mega Cartomizer Kit in'a Case from the VaporRoom
Second:
Joye eGo - Starter Kit from altsmoke
Any good or bad experiences?

klynnn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2012
prattville
You will hear that a lot on here have backups which are kgo's for good reason. I would suggest checking those kits out. I am into cost effective and think the kgo with a vivi nova is about the best for starters. If money is no object would go with twists or mods. You can always upgrade but these are all day batts.
KGO kit1100mAh by SLB
New Products

Buggs5347

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Arizona
LOL! If you are overwhelmed and confused, you are in the right place and no different than most of us after doing our "research".

I don't know anything about the VaporRoom but I know altsmokes is a really good vendor. I can tell you that the batteries are the same on either kit. Altsmokes has AltSmoke.com | Personal Vaporizers | Electronic Cigarette | Ecigs | eGo Dual Coil Cartomizer Starter Kit at a better price (sans the car charger, but you can pick that up separately easy enough and may not even need it if your car is newer and already has a usb).

But, I don't like the delivery system on the one you have for your second choice. Those tanks have great flavor but man they start leaking real bad after a few refills. I have never used the cartomizers in the mega kits. But, please realize, you will need more of those, as well. The cartomizers and the tanks and the attys on both system are consumables. Still good to buy in starter kits because it's usually cheaper that way.

Ego is a good brand and I do know that altsmokes carries the genuine Joyetech ego line.

From my experience, I would seek out an ego-c twist starter kit. The twists are variable voltage and you can change the foltage from 3.2 to 4.8 That's a good thing because different delivery systems and different flavors of juice taste better at various voltages. The vv let's you change it to your liking. altsmokes carries the twists at a good price, but not in a starter kit, darn it. Both of the kits below have better delivery systems and IMO better batteries because they are the ego twists. I have never used these vendors, though. But, I know there are people on these forums who have had luck with them.
eGo Twist 650 Starter Kit
http://www.sweet-vapes.com/shop?pag...color_plus.tpl&product_id=1261&category_id=38

Last edited:

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
So my bf & I have decided to try vaping. I've done my research, which means I'm overwhelmed and confused. BUT I think I have figured out what we want to start with. What I want to know is if anyone has anything to say about my picks. Good or Bad. I want to know. I have decided to get 2 different starter packs, 1 each.
First: I have picked eGo Dual Coil Mega Cartomizer Kit in'a Case from the VaporRoom
Second:
Joye eGo - Starter Kit from altsmoke
Any good or bad experiences?

since you've narrowed down, I would go with the Vapor Room kit since you're asking to decide between your 2 choices.

(The other one has cartridges, which you will NEVER use.)

TVR one has two nice big mega cartos, one for each of you, and you also get free juice too, and TVR juice is real good. And a little travel case. So you'll just have more stuff to begin. TVR also gives a free sample to all new cusotmers so just mention that in the comment section when you check out. they are just very generous, so you may end up with enough jjuice for a few weeks. Now you'll have a ton of juice and a carto to put in and your batts/charger and a case and yer all set.

(or like buggs said, You can actually just buy 2 Ego Twists, and a charger and then some cartos and pretty much end up in same place, twists are more expensive than the others non VV ones, but then you'll have to spring for juice too.)

So out of your 2 choices, TVR you're gonna get more for your $$ starting out.

So, if you ask me to stick w/your choices, TVR. If ask me for my chooice, 2 ego Twists. :)

nujerzydevil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2012
United States
Have yet to test an eGo.. But I went with the SmokTech Gripper and am quite amazed with it. It fits a 18650 battery and gets you at least 2 days with heavy vaping. 4-5 days with moderate vaping. The good thing about it is the device is completely concealed except for the tank/cart/carto attachment. It fits in the hand perfectly and feels good with it's soft texture.

Unlike the eGo which is an oblong (dildo) shape and usually metallic in color (some are shiny chrome) which can be spotted from quite some distance and have people looking at you funny.

With the gripper, all people see is your hand to your mouth and next thing ya know.. vapor coming out. And did I mention, it performs excellent.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
I think klynn, Buggs, and Vapoor all hit on it. Go with a VV device to avoid the worries of what voltage is best. Set it as you go so that it is tailored to the atty/carto/tank and your personal taste. Get one of each of the KGO VV and eGo Twist kits. Those should result in the least buyer's remorse possible without killing your pocketbook. :p

Stick with cartomizers to start. They are very beginner friendly. Grab some different kinds. Smoktech or eGo dual coils, Boge vertical coil, and Kanger horizontal coil are good ones to try. Just fill them up with juice and vape. Maybe grab some atomizers for tasting a lot of different juices without wasting cartos on juices you might not like.

No matter what you get, it will be a good choice. Vaping has a bit of a learning curve to it, and the best way to overcome it is through hands-on experience. Once you actually have a device in your hand, everything you have been reading about will make a lot more sense.

Kay1959

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2012
Out in the middle of Nowhere
eGo batteries are good, but KGO batteries are better because they are 3.7v devices. They will last longer and give a better vape. The dual coil cartos will kill your batteries faster because they are heating two coils instead of one. If you like the carto delivery system (which is good) I'd suggest either the regular carto or the XL SINGLE coil cartos. Here's a link to the best deal I've found on the KGO's.

Elite Vaporworks KGO Starter Kit with Boge LR Cartomizers - KGO

Happy shopping and welcome to ECF!

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
If you are going to buy a smaller VV I'd suggest the Twist and not the Kgo VV as I've had mine for 2+ weeks and the rubber band over the button is beginning to show signs of wear. As Buggs mentioned I'd also stay away from any kits that have the cartridge/ atomizer "tank" system as they are problematic with leaking and the atomizers need maintenance/ cleaning and are sometimes tough to clean.
If you do decide to purchase the Twist here's a sale:
http://www.virginvapor.com/collections/electronic-cigarettes/products/ego-c-twist#

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread