DC-DC Mode all the time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thekraut

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2014
Hamburg, Germany
Personally been liking PWM as well but it just not working fine now. Delay firing and very weak vape.
I'll figure it out the way to fix it as I like PWM as well. It produces colder and smoother vape

Well DC-DC does not support step down... i use PWM when i want to use lower ohm builds that i need to run with lower voltage. DC-DC puts out the batteries voltage from 3.7 and higher. It can boost the signal but not lower it below the batteries standard output which is 3.7 volts mostly. So if you got an 0.5 coil this is at least 27 watts.... But what if i have a 0.3 ohm build on it and want to vape it at 24 watts? PWM!

wesson

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2015
Ontario, Canada
I cant even figure out how to switch modes on my Sig30. I read the little manual and did what it said but nothing happened. I dont really care cuz its workng good for me as is

When the device is powered up, pressing the Fire Button and the Up arrow simultaneously (hold for approx. 2 seconds), will put the Sigelei Mini 30 watt into PWM mode. Pressing the Fire Button and the Down arrow (hold for approx. 2 seconds), will put the device into DC-DC mode.

Peter

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
and since my PWM isnt working properly. Can i conclude that it is FINE to use DC-DC mode for everyday usage starting from now on?
Is it going to cause any consequences like short battery life or so?

I don't think you understood my post. There is nothing wrong with your PWM mode, it's just doing it's job and down-regulating the voltage to your selected setting as it's meant to do. 17 watts is pretty low for the .5Ω Subtank, so it's no wonder that it feels weak and slow to heat up at that setting. In DC mode, on the other hand, it feels like a stronger vape at 17 watts because it is a stronger vape, because you're not getting 17 watts from that mode. The lowest it can fire in DC mode is (battery voltage squared, divided by resistance), which comes out to at least 20 watts even with a nearly-dead battery, and closer to 30 watts when fully charged. DC mode should be exactly the same as PWM mode turned almost, or all the way up. So when you have to turn PWM mode almost all the way up to match the performance of DC mode, it's not broken, it's working exactly as it should.

Yes it's fine to use DC mode all the time. It's also fine to use PWM mode turned all the way up. Those two should give you the exact same performance. It's also fine to use PWM mode at lower settings, but with your Subtank, it's going to feel pretty weak at those lower settings.

Kelvin Teh

Mar 7, 2015
Malaysia
I don't think you understood my post. There is nothing wrong with your PWM mode, it's just doing it's job and down-regulating the voltage to your selected setting as it's meant to do. 17 watts is pretty low for the .5Ω Subtank, so it's no wonder that it feels weak and slow to heat up at that setting. In DC mode, on the other hand, it feels like a stronger vape at 17 watts because it is a stronger vape, because you're not getting 17 watts from that mode. The lowest it can fire in DC mode is (battery voltage squared, divided by resistance), which comes out to at least 20 watts even with a nearly-dead battery, and closer to 30 watts when fully charged. DC mode should be exactly the same as PWM mode turned almost, or all the way up. So when you have to turn PWM mode almost all the way up to match the performance of DC mode, it's not broken, it's working exactly as it should.

Yes it's fine to use DC mode all the time. It's also fine to use PWM mode turned all the way up. Those two should give you the exact same performance. It's also fine to use PWM mode at lower settings, but with your Subtank, it's going to feel pretty weak at those lower settings.

Much thanks man. totally understand now. Set my Wattage to 25W just now and it performs almost as same as in DC-DC Mode. Now I totally get u. It was my mistake of putting such low wattage for 0.5ohm coil. Btw how much u guys suggest for 1.2ohm coil then? Or a 1.0ohm coil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread