Davide: Switching to single coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markus765

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2014
Nipomo, Ca
I've been vaping a while now, and tried a bunch of different batteries/tanks/coils. I've settled in with Innokin VV V3's for my batteries, and Aspire Davides as my tanks, but I'm SO over the dual coil thing. I read on here that there was a way to use the Kanger single coils in them by removing an adaptor, so I pulled out the adaptor ring in my Davides & put a Kanger coil in ther. WooHoo! This works like a champ. I learned how to re-wick the single coils a long time ago with cotton, but when I switched to the BDC's, I could never re-wick them, so I did the clean & reuse thing, but the coils don't seem to last too long.

SOOOOOOO, now that I've done the background on this, my question is: What is your experience/opinion on using the Kanger single coils in the Davides?

Also, I really like my Aspire Vivi Nova's. Is there a way to go to single coils with them? Otherwise I'm going to have to sell off the ton of those I have, and buy more Davides.

TIA for any help/advice you can give me.

Love this site!!!!!

Last edited:

choochoogranny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
chattanooga, tn, usa
The Aspire company has put out a new BVC coil for their other bottom coil tanks. These new BVC's are NOT for the Nautilus as they are shorter.

Have many Davides and ProTanks for which I got the AnyVape adaptors to try out the dual coil Aspire heads. Wasn't any better than my rebuilt with cotton single coils, so I put the adaptors and a pack of dual coils in storage.

I am now going to try the Davides and ProTanks with the AnyVape adaptors with the new Aspire BVC's I've got on order. I've also gotten the Kanger air controller that may be used, but I like an airy draw anyway and may not need it.

Here's hoping that I can get same kind of vape from these new BVC's on my Davides and ProTanks as I get on the mini Nautilius! THAT would be would be an excellent "jerry-rig".
:laugh:
Edit to add: I've used the Kanger ProTank single coils on all my Davides.

Last edited:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Assume you mean these. AnyVape Davide Glassomizer Unscrew the base, then unscrew the top piece of the base. The bottom is now the normal base of the Davide.

There's also a little white silicone grommet that comes out. (NOT the cap over the chimney.) Works fine. My first was the single coil, second was the dual, and made the conversion when it wore out.

And once converted, standard kanger style single coils will also work fine, so less to keep in stock. And no worries keeping them separate when rebuilding :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread