Not open for further replies.

bmwjen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
worldwide
vapehouston.com
I've had tonight's Houston vape Meet planned since May. I made a reservation at a local Dave & Busters, because it's a place that I frequent with the kiddos & someone at the last vape meet suggested that we have a meet up there. I paid for the party reservation out of pocket back in May. Several gracious vendors have sent goodies to be given away free to the vapers that will be attending.

Tonight's meet up is to start at 5pm. I was sleeping & got a phone call around 11am from Dave & Busters that they are cancelling my reservation for tonight, as it came from their corporate office that "vape", and "electronic cigarettes" are not allowed in their establishment. Um, couldn't they have called me LAST MONTH to tell me this? Apparently they looked at their reservations for today & decided that vaping wasn't appropriate.

I vape wherever I am at. I've vaped at Dave & Busters on several occasions while dining out with family members.

It was one thing when they banned smoking inside of their establishment.........so I had to leave my drink inside, stop the fun, & go outside to smoke............but now they wanna cancel a reservation that I paid for & tell me that I cannot use a personal vaporizer in there either? The said that they will be refunding the money I paid for the reservation, but this doesn't make up for the planning, advertising & excitement that has led up to tonight.

My boycott of Dave & Busters is ON! My 11 year old is of complete understanding why we will no longer be going there. He is happy that I don't stink up our house & car anymore, and that i've got a chance to live.

Luckily, the Venue that hosted our last vape meet got us in for a last minute reservation tonight :) The party will continue, but at a vape friendly establishment!

Yep, i'm boycotting Dave & Busters...........

Adrena

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2011
Washington
2 months in the planing and that don't even give a 24 hour notice? look like they want to mess with vapors too me.
Co should have made up their minds and contacted you week one! no CO would have sat on such a request?
corporate office set the rules for all D&B's. I too will no longer spend my cash at any of their establishments.

So glad the last Venue Hasn't lost sight of hospitality. Vape on Houston Vapers, vape on!!!!

bmwjen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
worldwide
vapehouston.com
& the party went down without a hitch! For every good plan there is a back-up plan. Blasted & the party continues at my house!
Thank you
GotVapes~ my BFF for life! They always have the NEWEST vape stuff !
Elixir TV~ you keep on rockin' me baby!
PureSmoker~Minthia was the hit of the night!
NotCigs~EVERYONE waiting for the release of the Buzz Pro!
Clouds of Vapor~ attendees couldn't get enough of your dual coils!
Vapor Junction~ Apple Mint was a hit!
Adrena @ Lanyard Wise~ even all the men wanted a lanyard!

Thank you Wunsche Bros Cafe and Saloon for reserving our spot at the last minute!
I <3 the Houston crew!!

We even had someone attend that lives in Atlanta!!! Cricket1176
Houston is the 4th largest city in the USA..............everything is at least an hour away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread