Darwin Battery Life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kazz63758

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2011
Southeast Missouri
A Darwin was on the classifieds earlier today that I seriously considered purchasing. I've heard excellent reviews on this mod, but passed because I'm not familiar with how it is powered.

If I understand correctly, the battery on the Darwin is not removable and has to be charged through a USB charger. How is the life of this battery? Shorter or longer than an 18650? Can it be used as a passthrough when connected to the USB? If so, does it require the 2 amp supply like the 5v passthroughs?

Thanks for any info you might have. I'd like to be a little more prepared if a similar situation happens again.

kazz63758

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2011
Southeast Missouri
Thanks for the info! For comparison, how long does an 18650 battery last you with the same type of cartos? One rarely lasts me through the day with a 1.7.

Not a huge deal if I can use a Darwin as a passthrough, but it would be nice if it would last through the day since it can't be exchanged.

Thanks again.

Fazed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
Lexington, Kentucky
Thanks for the info! For comparison, how long does an 18650 battery last you with the same type of cartos? One rarely lasts me through the day with a 1.7.

Not a huge deal if I can use a Darwin as a passthrough, but it would be nice if it would last through the day since it can't be exchanged.

Thanks again.

I use the 18500's in my Provari and with SR singles I get 8-10 hours, and with DC's I get 4-5. I have an 18650 for it, but I rarely use it because of the extra length bothers me for some reason.

Sent via cellular communication device...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread