Dark horse 100% vg no flavor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2010
Phoenix
A couple things you could try is letting it steep (as previously mentioned) and try vaping it on another setup. I never got the same flavor on the vivi nova that I do with LR cartos. All my juices tasted weaker and more muted. So i went back to a carto/tank setup. Try experimenting a little and see if that helps.

As for the steeping, I've never felt the need to steep premixed juices until recently. My last order I tried a 80vg 20pg mix on some flavors. My flavors seemed weird considering PG is supposed to carry flavor better. After having them and steeping them a few days, the flavor is rockin again. Good luck!

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
I might not even be pg sensitive, I've just had some juices in the distant past, atleast for vapor tech, that made me feel weird etc.

I don't know, the vg dark horse might be fine, its just from the description and name I was kind of expecting more flavor.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I think a lot of times we blame every symptom on the newest thing we've doing which could be vaping. There's PG and VG both in cigarettes, plus a thousand other chemicals.

Well, if you don't "have" to vape 100% VG, I probably wouldn't. Your cartos, tanks, etc. last longer and you get much more flavor with a blend. That stuff is thick. Lots of people that vape 100% VG report a film on their windshield. Some people can't (I think about 10% of people have a true allergy to PG or VG),but if that's not your issue, a little PG gives more flavor and easier on equipment.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Well, if you don't "have" to vape 100% VG, I probably wouldn't. Your cartos, tanks, etc. last longer and you get much more flavor with a blend.

Boy, I so do agree! And you also have so many more options for buying juice!

How do you know if you're sensitive? And is it really that much easier on your equipment to use a blend?

some people get a sore throat. Some get small mouth sores. Or lungs hurt.

If I were you, if it's not a problem for you in the first few weeks then you are probably FINE with PG. Its in mouthwashes, etc. too. There is really no reason to avoid it unless you can't vape it. High VG can often be thick and gloppy and some PG in there will play nicer with your equipment, i.e.., won't gunk up your cartos, wicks, ect.

I'm not PG sensitive.........except 1) I absolutely hate the taste of it, and 2) my lips go a little numb when I vape juice with PG in it, which is just a sensation I do not enjoy.

If the flavor is strong, and there's less than 10% PG, I can get away with vaping a little PG. I did today. I could tell the difference though. I guess when I smoked analogs the tobacco taste "covered up" some of the chemical tastes in the cigs.

BTW, CCV confirmed, their VG juice contains the PG from flavoring, which is going to be about 10-15%. Therefore, asking for a bump in flavoring is going to bump up the PG content somewhat. That is true for most juice, unless vendor is using PG free flavoring. Which are few and far between. :)

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Heather's actually has a purity line where all the flavoring is VG also. Try the steep process first. Cap off 48 hrs, shake vigorously several times a day. Put cap back on and put it away for a week or so, shake at least once a day when you think about it. Try it after a week, if you don't like it still, put it away for another week.

It takes a while for the flavors to meld and mature. With the more complex flavors, steeping is very necessary. If you check out http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...y-vapes-top-quality-custom-e-liquids-214.html or this thread http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...eathers-heavenly-vapes-tobacco-line-1422.html, there is a member that does vape 100% VG, he may be able to give you some info on your juice.

Hope to see you over there. :)

Monoxxide

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2012
Belgium
I got 6 flavors from them to 30ml. bah in, cinfull pear, shadowfax, mocha java, gandalf, nice pear. Went for all VG to except 1, got 20 pg i think. They arived 3 or 4 days ago and i could hardly taste anything at all. 2 days ago i took the caps off and left them in another room, shook m up few times. Today i took m back and they still have no flavor...put lids on and now they laying here. They all smell lush since arived to.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I got 6 flavors from them to 30ml. bah in, cinfull pear, shadowfax, mocha java, gandalf, nice pear. Went for all VG to except 1, got 20 pg i think. They arived 3 or 4 days ago and i could hardly taste anything at all. 2 days ago i took the caps off and left them in another room, shook m up few times. Today i took m back and they still have no flavor...put lids on and now they laying here. They all smell lush since arived to.

Just give them more time. You got some great flavors :D

Some people can dip right into them and love them. For myself, I find I need to give them over two weeks for them to get to that magical place. I can taste the base and it throws the flavor off. I think I'm one of those people that have too sensitive a taste bud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread