• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Daily Word

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapinBill

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Michigan
2 Peter 3:9 (NIV)

The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

"Come now, and let us reason together,” says the LORD: “Though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow. Though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool. "
– Isaiah 1:18

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
BILL....YOU FOUND US!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!! So glad you have joined all of us as you're great at giving us a Daily Word. WTG!!!

Now, in front of God and everyone, would you like to do a Daily Word for us....maybe give a synopsis of what the Scripture means to you, or why you picked a certain verse? You seem to have a flair for this, and I feel it would be a waste of your talent not to utilize it. What say you? Would I be asking more of you than you are willing to do? If you would rather not do this, it's fine.The previous board moderater posted it up in the area you were posting in before. I think it needs to be in the body of this website....maybe use one thread for a week, then open a new thread the following week. This will give us all a chance to see and talk about the Scripture. Just keep adding onto a thread, comments and all, for a week, then open a new thread each Sunday or Monday. Was that redundant? Think about it, pray about it, and let me know. Thank you! I'm excited you found us! :)

VapinBill

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Michigan
Finally found it. Lol
I post a daily scripture that automatically downloads on my phone. There are 2 applications I download from. I post the two verses to friends and family on my contact list and post at least one on my Facebook page. I pray for understanding of the Word and try to share what I read daily.
I was moved to share on this forum also. You won't see much from me other than the Word that's posted. In reading your comments and post, I am overjoyed. I thank you for allowing me to serve on this platform. Thank you, for allowing the Holy Spirit to move you for His Glory .

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
Thank you, Bill, for doing this for us! You may have some favorites you wish to post or you may wish to stick with the ones you receive everyday. Allow the Lord to guide you and it will mean a great deal to us! You never know what a great Scripture will trigger.....a great conversation or a precious soul saved. Praise and Glory are Yours, Lord! :)

Cloud Junky

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2014
Texas, USA
For all my Brothers and Sister!

Soldier------ASoldiersPrayer-tan.jpg

VapinBill

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Michigan
Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For our wrestling is not against flesh and blood, but against the principalities, against the powers, against the world’s rulers of the darkness of this age, and against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.
– Ephesians 6:11-12

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For our) wrestling is not against flesh and blood, but against the principalities, against the powers, against the world’s rulers of the darkness of this age, and against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.
– Ephesians 6:11-12

Spiritual warfare. Every Christian needs to understand this concept. satan and demons are real. Jesus gave us the tools to battle the enemy.

1) Put on the whole armor of God. Helmet of salvation; breast plate of righteous; gird your loins with His truth; shoes of peace to carry the gospel of Jesus Christ; the sword is His Holy Word; and stand behind His shield of faith! This particular shield was big enough to protect a soldier from the enemy....not just a round shield. Protection in the front from the shield and Jesus has your back.

2) How did Jesus talk to satan. He spoke with Scripture. Why? Because even satan can't argue against the truth. He knows Scripture inside and out. This is why the Scripture: 'Thy Word have in my heart so I might not sin against Thee.' is so powerful. Arguments and conversations just bounce right off of satan's back. But, Scripture disarms him. Jesus knew this and that is why He used it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread