Customs Duty, Excise Duty and Import VAT - importing E-juice to the U.K???????

Status
Not open for further replies.

jingo

Moved On
Aug 19, 2013
Hi there,

i'm really wanting to buy some e-liquid from america... as my favourite brand; just isn't in stock in the U.K....

but i've been looking into hm revenue..... and reading a few other posts..

Do they classify e-liquid as tobacco?
and if they do!!??? how much will they charge me?

i've tried so hard to find this information on their website; but they almost intentionally make it impossible to work out..
i tried calling them; and of course you never get to speak to a person... just a freaking machine.

Has anyone had experience ordering e-juice from 'Outside the E-U' into the U.K...??

what are the rates that they'll charge; for instance.....?
i know VAT is 22% or something crazy... but then depending on what they classify e-juice as...
they could whack a load more tax on it...
i've read that the Customs Duty you get charged is related to the amount you spend.... i.e; if its under a certain £price - you get charged a certain 'percentage'...
but does tobacco qualify under this??? or ejuice for that matter..???
and apparently:
"Excise Duty is payable on all alcohol or tobacco products that go over the duty free allowances"

^so its really important to know what they..... classify it as.. - i don't want to be charged ££££££ for importing a personal supply
of e-juice... - theres the shipping + 3! possible different taxes i might be looking at.... .....

so, so confused...
Thanks
Jx:blink:

jingo

Moved On
Aug 19, 2013
hmmm... UK charges you for everything they can.

- thought i'd bump this.
as my UK supplier let me down - Again.

how much tax would i be looking at if i ordered from America to United Kingdom?
i read on other threads; 50-80% face value of order:blink::unsure: - plus the shipping.....:ohmy:

anyone placed a relatively large order from U.S.A to U.K??? (£100-200~)
i'm just ordering E-juice.... no batteries e.t.c..

Thanks.
Jx

hmmm... UK charges you for everything they can.

- thought i'd bump this.
as my UK supplier let me down - Again.

how much tax would i be looking at if i ordered from America to United Kingdom?
i read on other threads; 50-80% face value of order:blink::unsure: - plus the shipping.....:ohmy:

anyone placed a relatively large order from U.S.A to U.K??? (£100-200~)
i'm just ordering E-juice.... no batteries e.t.c..

Thanks.
Jx
Did you order any juice yet any updates

Kopfstimmen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2012
I've ordered from the US to a German address. Your best bet is to contact the customs office. When I went in, they had all sorts of handouts with information on imports. I'm sure the UK does too. (As to my case, they didn't blink at the liquid, but I still had to pay tax on it because it was over the limit of 30 Euros (or something like that)).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread