Customer feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BamaGal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2012
Gadsden, Alabama
Well, I'm glad all you folks have had a good experience when you had a problem with orders from VK. I don't feel I was quite so lucky. I do not like the thought of writing a bad review and never have.. this is my first.

I ordered two 5 volt passthroughs from another vendor because they were the only one that sold that exact one I wanted. I could have ordered the same wall chargers from that company while ordering the PTs and saved an extra shipping charge, but instead, I ordered the wall charger from VK because of how much better quality it was portrayed on the VK site than from the site where I ordered the PTs. I wanted the very best in quality! I made sure I had the correct ohm cartos to use with these passthroughs, plugged one in, took a draw and heard a zap and smelled a burning smell. Light was out on the charger and it never worked again.

I immediately submitted a ticket and told VK of the problem. Even told them I was afraid to try the next one, but was told to go on and do so, which I did.. same thing. Zap electrical sound and burning smell, light out on this charger and never worked again. These things are supposed to have short circuit/overload protection and be the best charger found out there.. so they claim. Seems to me, if they actually had this protection, this never could have happened. The short circuit/overload protection would have kicked in before it fried... right?

The passthroughs set-up the same work fine with car chargers, and now other wall chargers with same specs. I had to order from another vendor (more shipping charges on my expense), so I know it's not the passthrough.

My beef is, I paid $9.90 for both chargers and used a 10% off code leaving me paying $8.91 for both chargers plus shipping. After my second ticket I get a store credit of exactly $8.91 leaving me to have to pay shipping yet again to get something from their store to replace these defective chargers. Afterwards, I notice they add to this charger page that it won't work with the "triangular" charger from the company I ordered my passthroughs from, but my passthroughs weren't the triangular kind. So now that's not just one, but two PTs that won't work with this charger. VK's claim on this wall charger page that states "If you have ANY USB electronic cigarette products, you must have this high output USB power adapter!" is incorrect, or blowing things out of proportion a bit. It burned up with mine, and also the triangular PT they ordered to test with it too.

I've placed many orders through many different vendors and have only had 3 problems out of all of those. One vendor even replaced a whole $60.00 order that was received in a torn open box. I sure never expected that! But I order from him often now that I know how he stands behind his products, and even replaced an order lost in the mail when he didn't have to. Vapor Kings is the first vendor that has ever seemed so uncaring and even rude in correspondence about selling me a defective product. In our last correspondence I got this reply.. "We haven't asked you to return the dead units so I'm not sure what the extra trouble and expense is other than the product didn't work as expected." Isn't that the whole point.. for an item to work as it's represented? Other vendors have at least offered free shippinng, or a bottle of juice, or something to help with my expense of getting an item to me that did work, to replace one that didn't. They at least offered some incentive for me to order from them again, but not VK.

So, for my output of $8.91 plus shipping cost that I upgraded to priority just so they would be more protected in a box, then using the Bux I had from the previous order, I got one eGo battery thread cover for $1.95 + 2 needle tipped bottles for $5.90 and had to pay $2.25 to get those shipped to me again. Needless to say, I won't be ordering from Vapor Kings again. I still have 9 Bux in my account since you have to have 25 to = $1.00, but if they'll transfer them, and anyone wants them. You're more than welcome to have them.

Please be aware that this wall charger will not work with ANY USB product as stated and order at your own risk.. Home 110VAC to USB 5v 2000mAh wall adapter power port

SSRob

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2009
Oklahoma! USA
www.vaporkings.com
Hi BamaGal,

I am sorry that you are still upset about the wall adapters. Why they failed on the passes from another vendor we do not know. Up until your issue we had not had any problems with them and have sold several thousand.

The last email we sent you on 5/8 I explained that I wasn't sure why they didn't work but was sorry about the problems. We issued a store credit for the cost of the two items (which wasn't all you ordered) and I also offered a direct credit card refund if you wanted...but you never replied. I didn't refund the shipping because you ordered other items and I had told you to not worry about returning the bad units. I felt that was pretty fair.

Thanks
Rob

Muldemar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Frostbite Falls,MN
I ordered a wall adaptor In march..It died a day later..I called wrote CS..And Rob had a new 1 sent out the same day..I use wall adaptor's, hard..most all day with my passthroughs..The replacement has worked flawlessly.Hats off to Rob and his staff..Not only quality products..But they stand behind them

junquedujour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2011
southwest misery
manOman! i love being able to walk into such a classy store front with great customer service when i pass through tulsa! i had my list of 'wants' all stored away on the phone and everything i wanted was in stock ... except for the 'knucklehead' - which was no big deal. the important stuff was in stock, including the oddball 801---> be112 adapter. the lemon green tea is an absolute fabulous vape, i just wish it came in the 30ml bottles.

thanks much for everything. i'll be back :)

SSRob

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2009
Oklahoma! USA
www.vaporkings.com
Thank you junquedujour!

We're very proud of our Tulsa store and the staff that makes it happen over there!

I may be wrong but I believe we are the largest retail store in the USA ! :)

The only reason we don't have 30's right now is literally because of space. We carry 78 flavors in 5 strengths and just the 10ml alone requires a lot of space.

SpringzVz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2012
Colorado Springz, CO
Got my pieced together Twist kit:) Amazing ship time! All came just as described. i am very pleased! You are one of my faves and by my orders I am sure you know it! Attached pic all came from Vapor Kings. EGO C Twist Vision PCC.jpg

suhmedoh

Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Marlborough, Mass
I applaud Vapor kings for having EXCELLENT shipping time: I ordered my KR808D mega batteries, usb charger, 10 ml non nicotine chocolate mint, and 5 blank cartos around 3 AM Tuesday... they were here when I woke up today! Super fast shipping, and excellent products; the only thing I'm iffy about is the threading on my black mega XL battery... it seems to tight. The cartos I got screw on flush with the white battery, but they don't go all the way down with the black battery, or at least the two I tried. It's not a big deal though, I still can vape with it, I think I just draw in air a little quicker. But I'm so happy the batteries came charged, I used it right out of the box; Excellent product! I will DEFINITELY buy from you guys again.

EDIT: Turns out you accidentally charged me 3 times for my ~$50 puchase, deducting almost $150 from my bank account :O I submitted a ticket and I'm hoping to get this resolved ASAP

EDIT EDIT!: Resolved within 2 hours. As I said, Excellent customer service!

Last edited:

synthros

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
Spring Hill,Tn
A few weeks ago I placed my first order with Vapor Kings, I've just been getting back into the world of vaping. The website is great, shipping was very fast and I got exactly what I ordered. I also got several business cards in my order with a code to get ten percent off my next order. Well as I am currently vaping obsessed it wasn't long before I was placing my next order. Well when I was checking out ,I screwed up and didn't get the code entered correctly, I caught it 5 seconds after paying :(. Well this was a fri night or Saturday, and I promptly sent an email to let them know, I took responsibility, it was my fault I didn't make sure I got the code into the order. I got a one line response that following Monday "I'm sorry but I cannot alter the order once it has been placed". Ok, I assume that's true, and I know it's my fault, but I can think of 15 different ways it could have been remedied, that would have left me feeling a little more like it mattered. 10% was maybe $15 bucks, it's not the money and $15 won't make or break me. Just didn't leave me with a good feeling. Eh that's my 2 cents. I'm not furious, and I'm perfectly happy with the items I received, just didn't leave me too enthused about Vapor Kings.

SSRob

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2009
Oklahoma! USA
www.vaporkings.com
Hi synthros,

I am glad to hear that you were happy with your items and the shipping speed. I am sorry that you weren't happy with our response regarding the coupon code. Our customer service reps have been instructed to send the response you received.

For us, in the long run, it boils down to a time issue. We've put certain policies and procedures into place in order to streamline as many processes as possible in our business. We try to put the responsibility on the customer in order to encourage them to put the code in at order time. It potentially costs us a lot of time to handle customer inquiries and edit orders solely in regards to coupon codes not being entered. If a refund has to be made, it costs us 25 cents just to issue the refund. 25 cents isn't much but time and money add up quickly.

We will take care of it and Josh should be contacting you soon.

Thank you
Rob

synthros

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
Spring Hill,Tn
SSRob and Josh,
I appreciate the speedy response, I have already received an email response from Josh and I am perfectly happy with Vapor King's response to my concern. I also wasn't even aware that there was any sort of "customer loyalty/points program", that is good to know. I also appreciate you taking the time to explain the "why" to me. Having said that,and since you did offer the explanation above, I would like to put my two cents in on that as well. I'm in the customer service business, it's what I do every working day. It has been my experience that people hear "no" very clearly, the reasons behind the no? Not so much , if at all. I am definitely not telling you how to run your business, and I sincerely hope you take this in the spirit that it is intended, but let me tell you about my purchases over the last couple of weeks of my new(re) found vaping passion.

After having put away my "vaping gear" almost 2 years ago, I recently got re-energized about vaping. The very first order I placed was with Vapor Kings, as I said above the products were spot on, the shipping extremely quick, the prices fair, in short I was a happy camper. Not long after I placed another order, that's the one we just discussed in my earlier post. Was I furious? No, I just moved on. I have since placed orders with ecigsupply, ecig express , and litecigusa. All things being equal, would I have placed those orders with you? Assuming you offered all the products I ordered the answer is very likely,yes.

Yeah I know it's a small thing, but I'm one of the worst kind of customers, I truly, virtually never, complain. I just go on. The only reason,truly, that you got this feedback from me was because I needed 20 posts to be a full member, and get verified:), and I happened to come across this thread.
I put to you that it might very well be less expensive to empower your customer service reps to do the right thing if someone takes the time to write an email and bring something like this to their attention. I promise you you would have made money in my case.

I'll be back, I'll order from Vapor Kings again. The only reason I'm taking the time to tell you the full story of my experience and to give you this customers point of view is Becauseof your quick response and my impression that you really do care about your customers and what they think, if you didn't you would have just blown me off. Heck this thread probably wouldn't even exist if you didn't truly care.

Again I hope you take this in the spirit it was intended, that is as honest feedback from a customer.

I look forward to doing business with you again in the future, best of luck!

synthros

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
Spring Hill,Tn
No one should be put off in any way by my previous posts. Just placed my third order with vapor kings, as usual it appears that my order has shipped literally within just a few hours. If it goes like the last two I will have it in two days. Everyone says they ship fast, Vapor Kings has shipping speed down to a science. First class mail shipping prices and UPS 2 day speed. If you need it fast, you can depend on Vapor Kings.

KrisC

Verified Member
Sep 6, 2012
E WA/OR
I've only been vaping for about 3-4 months now. My first order (and several since) have come from VK. I have in the last several months I spent just over 500$ (I was a little shocked when I realized how much I've spent but I would have spent that much in smokes anyways).

I really can't blame VK for my first setup being junk (eGo-T type B) (*sigh* I bought a bunch of parts for it too...) I really should have done my homework better (I didn't know about this forum until very recently). I (still without a clue) ordered a clearomizer and now I'm hooked. I upgraded to the vision version 2's and eGo-Twists before I even knew what a good system it was.

I will say this about VK- My orders are always processed quickly. If I ask a question they are always answered promptly. I'm fairly happy with the service.

On the other hand out of my 6 orders - I've received the wrong item in 2.

In the first order - I ordered 3 10 ml bottles and received 5 3ml bottles. Wasn't a big deal since the juice I ordered had the better tips. I received the correct bottles within a few days.

In the second order (I got it today)- I ordered 2 650 twists. I received 1 twist and 1 1000 standard. Now, I will say that these two batteries are nearly identical. I put in my ticket - issue resolved quickly- I'm waiting on the new battery and will be getting a return label to send the standard back. Here's the problem. I knew when I ordered this that they would be here before I had to leave for work (I travel for work) which is why I ordered them - I wanted twists a little smaller than my 1000 to carry at work. Now I'm sitting here HOPING that it gets here before I have to leave this weekend. I've read a lot of people say that they get their packages in 2 days - Not so for me. It usually takes 4 days.

I have also spent a bunch of money on juice - I was not aware that samples were available (until I asked about ordering smaller sizes). I just blindly ordered several different flavors - Most of which I didn't like. I would like to see *something* on the website stating that it is possible to get a sample.

I would say I give VK 4/5 stars.

EDGECRUSHER

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
For some reason, an adapter piece for eGo batteries that screws on to the outer threads when using Vivi Nova's or other 510-threaded tanks has been out of stock at every site I checked. I found that VK had it, and ordered it Thursday with standard 1st Class USPS shipping. Cue my surprise and elation that my mailman had it on Saturday!

You guys are awesome! Thanks for not only having that little piece I was looking for, but processing and shipping so damn quick! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread