Cross border shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonnyinbc

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2009
Vancouver Island,B.C. Canada
I live in BC Canada and am currently being supplied by epuffer from Toronto. Would like to give puresmoker.com a try. Wondering about shipping costs,duties to be paid etc. Any hassles getting their product across the border.

Any Canadians currently using ecigs from the USA? Would really appreciate some advice or info before placing an order:confused:

FYI I now pay an average of $12 dollars for across Canada shipping to my mailbox from Toronto.

sonnyinbc

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2009
Hi Sonny..
Always bought e-cigs & e-juice from our friends in the USA (since Sept.08)..great prices and zero problems to date!
Puresmoker is especially great :wub:
and so far no extras to pay cross border shipping- knock on wood!;)

Thanks Misty:

This is great news. I think having 2 suppliers will allow greater reliability regarding quality and supply. As soon as Puresmoker gets some stock in I will place an order with them.:)

I live in BC Canada and am currently being supplied by epuffer from Toronto. Would like to give puresmoker.com a try. Wondering about shipping costs,duties to be paid etc. Any hassles getting their product across the border.

Any Canadians currently using ecigs from the USA? Would really appreciate some advice or info before placing an order:confused:

FYI I now pay an average of $12 dollars for across Canada shipping to my mailbox from Toronto.
Sonny, I have a lot of cross border shopping experience with other items. Just getting started with the e-cig. The one very FIRM word of advice, make sure whoever you buy from that they ship USPS and not any courier, in particular not UPS. After you have paid shipping to the seller, UPS will hit you with another charge at time of delivery, and I'm talking $20, 30 or 40 on top of what you have paid. It is too long a story to go into here, but bottom line it involves customs charges.. the trick is that they act as their own customs broker, so the money they collect from you for brokerage fees is just going to another part of the same company... then to add insult to injury, they charge a collection fee for the charges they just added.
If you want to learn some more about it do a search on ebay for UPS charges.. there is a big thread there.

TommyGunBC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2009
Vancouver B.c.
I have ordered from Puresmoker 3 times and shipping to B.c. takes about 2 weeks at least my first order took that long because customs held the package for inspection but I did receive it and not duties :) Puresmokers shipping is very quick inside the US tho I order now to a PO box in Washington state and it is there in 2-3days tops!! but seeing as you live on the island you will just have to wait a little longer but great products and great service are worth the wait :rolleyes:

sonnyinbc

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2009
Sonny, I have a lot of cross border shopping experience with other items. Just getting started with the e-cig. The one very FIRM word of advice, make sure whoever you buy from that they ship USPS and not any courier, in particular not UPS. After you have paid shipping to the seller, UPS will hit you with another charge at time of delivery, and I'm talking $20, 30 or 40 on top of what you have paid. It is too long a story to go into here, but bottom line it involves customs charges.. the trick is that they act as their own customs broker, so the money they collect from you for brokerage fees is just going to another part of the same company... then to add insult to injury, they charge a collection fee for the charges they just added

Been thru the UPS thing with software. Extra charge when it gets to your door. Looks like it won`t be that way if it is delivered to my post box by mail. Only way for me to find out for sure is to place an order with puresmoker.com--"still waiting for the (out of stock) message to disappear first though".:D

hevvyd

Mar 3, 2009
Hello. I have been reading this post and couldn't hold my breath about my (ongoing) experience with puresmoker..

I live in Toronto Canada and while I was given an order number the day after I purchased from them, I am yet to receive my shipment. I paid for the kit in late January.

Whether the goods were held up in customs, or they got lost, I don't know.

I have sent multiple emails to 'Steve' at puresmoker, and am yet to receive a reply at all.

Basically, if you live in Canada, you should choose a company with a trackable service. Because this shipment is USPS, I have no idea where it is and apparently never will.

Hopefully Steve reads these forums, so he can see what a ****ty job he is doing at customer service.

yvilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2008
Rochester, NY
Hello. I have been reading this post and couldn't hold my breath about my (ongoing) experience with puresmoker..

I live in Toronto Canada and while I was given an order number the day after I purchased from them, I am yet to receive my shipment. I paid for the kit in late January.

Whether the goods were held up in customs, or they got lost, I don't know.

I have sent multiple emails to 'Steve' at puresmoker, and am yet to receive a reply at all.

Basically, if you live in Canada, you should choose a company with a trackable service. Because this shipment is USPS, I have no idea where it is and apparently never will.

Hopefully Steve reads these forums, so he can see what a ****ty job he is doing at customer service.

That doesn't sound like the normal experience people have with Steve. Are you sure your emails have not been sent to his spam folder, or maybe his to yours? Have you tried a pm to him here? Or a post in his own sub-forum (in the Supporting Suppliers section found on the main index page of this forum)?

No. I have filled out the form on the 'Contact Us' section of the site, citing my order number. I sent another email to steve@puresmoker.com.

And for the record.. still not here.

For anyone in canada who wants ecigs, check out smokesmart.ca

Their site looks really good, but they only seem to use canada post at the moment..
Hevvyd, I checked out the smokesmart site, and it all looked good, although very little selection, until I got to shipping.. They have all options of courier and Canada Post. The cheapest to ship 5 cartridge packs and one bottle of smoke juice was $36.15!!!! and it went up from there to $191.16 for next day deleveryl. $50.00 dollars in product and $190 in shipping.. I don't think so.
I think I know the problem. They have the weight for a pack of 5 cartridges in as 1KG (meaning 2.2 pounds). The true weight is closer to an ounce.
I will try and contact them to check it out

TommyGunBC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2009
Vancouver B.c.
my first order was thru Puresmoker.com , it took 2 weeks and 1 day to arrive , so I think it may have got lost or seized by customs but puresmoker should have been notified if it was seized . Did you email steve at Steve@puresmoker.com or try Daniel@puresmoker.com
Puresmoker is known for its great Customer service this is really strange ,also try posting in the suppliers form under the specific puresmoker section and you should get a reply there also .

also if you did not receive the order and paid thru paypal contact them about getting your money back

About two or three posts up the chain I noted that I had checked out the smokesmart.ca site and that there were some serious problems with their freight calculator.
Since then there have been a bunch of e-mails back and forth between me and the guy running the site. It appears that those issues are now resolved. Guess I was an unoffical tester as it took a couple of tries ;)
Anyway, I was impressed by how fast he answered my first note and then how quickly he went after the problem.
They sell the DSE103 unit, which I know nothing about, along with cartridges and fluid.. prices are in Canadian dollars and seem very reasonable.
And like I said, their customer service appears to be much better than what I have run into with others.

Grody

Mar 1, 2009
Vancouver, BC
About two or three posts up the chain I noted that I had checked out the smokesmart.ca site and that there were some serious problems with their freight calculator.
Since then there have been a bunch of e-mails back and forth between me and the guy running the site. It appears that those issues are now resolved. Guess I was an unoffical tester as it took a couple of tries ;)
Anyway, I was impressed by how fast he answered my first note and then how quickly he went after the problem.
They sell the DSE103 unit, which I know nothing about, along with cartridges and fluid.. prices are in Canadian dollars and seem very reasonable.
And like I said, their customer service appears to be much better than what I have run into with others.

O.K, I'm going to check this out. After my horrible experience with Tabinta, it'd be nice to find a Canadian supplier who ships overnight, and has good customer service.

I've ordered 5 bottles of liquid with overnight shipping. So I'll let you guys know how fast it gets here, and what the liquid's like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread