Cotton wick and silica wick taste

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrix387k

Sep 13, 2013
United States
I've heard so much about cotton wicks so i decided to try it out in my aga t2 and for me the flavor turned out a bit sour.. any idea whats going on here. with the same build using silica 4/5 wraps 32awg i got better taste but a bit less vapor. Both are wicking well but I am wondering what you guys think about these 2 wick types? what do you guys prefer and wsup with the sour taste in the cotton. Idk what cotton balls im using but i think i might pick up some organic cotton balls and try again. also i did boil the cotton twice and let it dry out over night. any tips would be appreciated! :)

Matrix387k

Sep 13, 2013
United States
I use them both however I use organic cotton. I like them both but I do prefer ekowool.

are you using ekowool in your genny? and do you boil the organic cotton if so how long? whats your treating process like? I grabbed whatever cotton that i had so i guess it wasnt organic. it tasted maybe 60% like how its supposed to and the other 40% was sour. will definitely be getting some organics soon.

Drhookerman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2010
Los Angeles
No I don't use genny style atty. I use ekowool on my nimbus, only because I don't use my nimbus a lot. When I am not lazy I just boil it down with filter water for exactly 7 mins 47.3 seconds, then I would dry it out and then steam it afterwards, to take off anything that the water might have left on. When I am lazy, I would just boil it for 7 mins 47.3 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread