Cotton taste when I vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Hello guys I just built my first coil today and I noticed that I’m getting a cotton under tone when I vape I was wondering if anyone could answer why that is or is it just that I used too much cotton
What's the build wha t s t he atty how are you firing it?

Kinda basic detail required... otherwise all I got is release tje fire button sooner.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
you can also boil cotton lots of vid on how to
Boiling will not remove or prevent cotton taste.. it will remove other possible flavors like bleach and peroxide and it make the cotton absorb and transport juice better.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Cotton (and rayon) have a break in period and the method of saturating your coil and wick and firing it on your ohm's reader will certainly help I do that with my rayon which (I personally) think has a shorter break in period.

With that said can you post a pic of your build? I mean, you may be MASSIVELY overwicking to the point that all you are tasting is cotton, and in that case, your wick may (or may not) need some attention but it would be something to rule out, etc.

Anna

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
Hello guys I just built my first coil today and I noticed that I’m getting a cotton under tone when I vape I was wondering if anyone could answer why that is or is it just that I used too much cotton
I’m using a TFV12 prince with the rba section

Missing a lot of critical details here like what cotton and Brand are you using? Cottonballs, Japanese Cotton, Organic Cotton, Supima, Cotton Bacon V1, V2 or Prime, Native Wicks, Kendo, etc., etc., etc.?

Pictures of your wicking would also greatly assist.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there

this is how you can remove initial cotton taste

To me the vid is overkill. I just do almost the same as vid except I just pulse it and let it smoke while blowing on the wicks. I usually do it 3 times, each time of course adding more juice to keep the coil and wicks saturated. This will remove any cotton/rayon taste. I am ultra sensitive to that taste and had it on ALL cotton I tried. It did not matter who made the cotton wicking. And I also had that taste with rayon/cellucotton. 'Smoking' the coil and wicks before putting the tank on does the job for me. Everytime.

:)

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
The initial cotton taste was one of the reasons I switched when I tried Rayon. You get a little flat flavor from rayon for the first few hits and it's gone. Then, the vape is fine.

I used cotton for several years and tried Egyptian, Koh Gen Do, and various other cotton types and brands. Some were better than others, but Rayon is king in my book.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
The initial cotton taste was one of the reasons I switched when I tried Rayon. You get a little flat flavor from rayon for the first few hits and it's gone. Then, the vape is fine.

I used cotton for several years and tried Egyptian, Koh Gen Do, and various other cotton types and brands. Some were better than others, but Rayon is king in my book.
Koh gen Do was my mainstay until Cotton Bacon Prime nudged it out, never was thrilled with CB V2. As for Rayon, can't stand the taste nor the dry throat it gives me, yes I didn't it right and used Sally's.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
I got rid of the cotton taste by switching to rayon.... ;)
Rayon, it’s the cure for that cottony taste. Plus it’s cheaper, leaving more money for frivolous mod, rda, and RTA purchases. ... is going on with the Bears?!?!? Cmon, man the cardinals suck, geez. Sorry watching football as I type.

Double post

Walter Ladd

Multiple ID Suspension
ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2018
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread