Copper plume veil clone anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AveryW

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2014
KY, USA
I saw a copper plume veil clone on 101vape, think this bad boy would look great on my stingray X clone. There's just one issue, no reviews. Has anyone gotten one of these, or one of the other plume clones from 101? Is the 'gold' plated deck something to be concerned with? Does it come with the drip tip as well?

Sent from the mothership.

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
I've posted this before but will again because I think it's important that people are aware.

Acidic water (reverse osmosis water) will leach copper from piping. I highly suspect acidic e-liquid will also leach copper that it comes in contact with. Continually ingesting or inhaling copper leads to copper toxicity.

DasFriek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2013
Ohio
My copper Plume Veil from Vape101 will be here tommorow.
I've got money on liver failure to be my COD so a little copper won't hurt anything.
Heck with all these China made products I'm sure there is enough impurities in SS worse than copper leaching.
But in all seriousness I'm glad you brought this up as I will consider it in the future.

AveryW

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2014
KY, USA
I've posted this before but will again because I think it's important that people are aware.

Acidic water (reverse osmosis water) will leach copper from piping. I highly suspect acidic e-liquid will also leach copper that it comes in contact with. Continually ingesting or inhaling copper leads to copper toxicity.
This is the kind of info I was looking for, thank you very much.

AveryW

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2014
KY, USA
i have the SS plume from 101. it works well, build is solid, did not come with a drip tip, and i think it looks pretty good on my stingray X
This one also has the 'gold plating' right? Not sure how I feel about it being actual gold, gold colored paint, or something worse....

reeftivo

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2010
Chino, california
I have a copper PV clone. The tolerances are better than on the stainless aecerig version I have. The deck is the same (gold plated, ss t-post, etc).
I don't use citrus juices in mine for the reasons mentioned above and it's an obvious concern for me until more info can be available down the road.
It has no copper/metallic taste at all when I vape it and it performs flawlessly.
It's not my all day device since I usually alternate between 3 and 4 devices daily.
Hers a pic of mine on my 4nine
image.jpg
On other next to the ss version
image.jpg

Sorry about the orientation

Last edited:

reeftivo

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2010
Chino, california
I have the black one from 101vape and it's awesome. It's made by tobeco. Only issues I've had with it, the delrin piece in the top wobbles a tiny bit and there's a little bit of 'blistering' on the gold plating on the deck (maybe that's normal I don't know).
The delrin on my ss version was also wobbly. Fortunately the copper was much better so I can just switch it out when need be. Both of mine are aecerig versions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread