Copper mods, do they require more maintenance than stainless?

Status
Not open for further replies.

m3nace

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
So, if I use either Simichrome or Brasso do I just apply it to cloth (or paper towel) and wipe the mod down? I probably sound like a total noob but I've never actually used any type of metal-polish :laugh:
I would try to stay away from brasso as it is very abrasive and engravings especially laser engraving will dissappear pretty quick mothers mag is a better option

reeftivo

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2010
Chino, california
brasso here but only with a q-tip on the contacts. I like a petina look
pegasus 1.jpg
pegasus 2.jpg

Kracker

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2014
NewCastle, DE
Too lazy to take pics and transfer them to computer then post, but I picked up a red copper stingray at my go-to b&m yesterday and was using the heck outta it last night, then it sat on my desk all day and I came home to a nice polished yet starting to get rugged natural look. In less than 24hrs. Love it.

My KSS I bought a week ago and used a few days was getting an awesome natural patina from use, then I polished it, then it started getting same natural patina again. Not really caring about its outer looks currently as it is my daily carry/go-to ATM and it hits like a champ. Not quite as good as the ray but whatever.

That said, I polished the KSS with Blue Magic as suggested by a different b&m than my usual and it worked just fine. Polished my brass 4nine at same time and the damn thing almost blinded me in daylight. Have not polished the Stingray yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread