• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Cooking up something yummy

Status
Not open for further replies.

VaporPhreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
Well this weekend I through another gallon batch of Mead together. I was going for something warm and spicey, and so I tossed in 1/3 tsp. of crushed Cardamom, 2 whole cloves, and a cinnamon stick. Its been a few days and a gave it a little sniff last night and WOW! It smells GOOOOOOOOD which is odd for something that is actively fermenting. But this got me thinking... why couldnt I just crush up the same ingredients, toss some grain alcohol on it in a sealed container, and then draw off the liquid a few days later to flavor some juice? What do you all think? Think it will work?

VpnDrgn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
Gulfport, MS.
As long as you are just infusing the oils into the PGA, you should be ok. However, if there is any particulate matter in the infusion, it will quickly clog up the atty and/or filler ( if using a carto ), and make the atty prone to burning. The particulates would act as a heat sump instead of letting the heat dissipate with the vapor. Of course that is just my :2c:, YMMV.:D

MoonRose

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Indiana, USA
Hubby and I started our first batch of mead back in February and after 5 months of anticipation we finally got to sample our finished product, it is absolutely delicious. :D

Well this weekend I through another gallon batch of Mead together. I was going for something warm and spicey, and so I tossed in 1/3 tsp. of crushed Cardamom, 2 whole cloves, and a cinnamon stick. Its been a few days and a gave it a little sniff last night and WOW! It smells GOOOOOOOOD which is odd for something that is actively fermenting. But this got me thinking... why couldnt I just crush up the same ingredients, toss some grain alcohol on it in a sealed container, and then draw off the liquid a few days later to flavor some juice? What do you all think? Think it will work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread