Valsacar

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2010
Seoul
How many people have you converted?

In the week since I started vaping I had a co-worker asked where he could get some for his two sons that smoke. Another co-worker called me today from the mall asking where the place I bought mine was, his gf was with him so that might be 2 more. A few others have seriously thought about it.

The guy that bought one today was funny, yesturday I brought in my spare ego for him to try out. Let him hold on to it, and saw him a few hours with him frantically pointing at the cart... he wanted more juice :p Later I had to ask for it back, forgot to charge my battery and it died, he switched to one of his smokes and just started at it after one puff. "That really does taste bad."

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
Well I've converted a few but don't know how many are actually sticking with it.
Got a couple sisters coming for a visit next week and I'm going to work on them.

As for trying, I attempt to convert the world. Nothing like setting your sights high.:D
I'm forever printing out mailing labels with ECF's web address on it.
I do know I converted at least one person doing that. He works at a gas station I use every now & then.

--------------------------------------------
UK Vapefest
UKVapefest 2010 is heading your way !! – 23rd October 2010 UK Vapefest
--------------------------------------------
Consider me your recycling center for Njoy Pro, Smoking Everywhere Gold, Cloud 9, Smoke 51 Trio, and DSE103 useless batteries.
Other hardware if it’s still usable.
Those I loan out to/give to thank you.
----------------------------------------------
Support CASAA
CASAA | The Consumer Advocates for Smoke-Free Alternatives Association
Don’t forget to donate to IVAQS research
CASAA.org

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
That's the problem with converts. They don't all stay converted. Here on the forums, we read so many of the success stories that we might be setting our expectations a bit high. Don't be too disappointed if you find that some of your converts go back to the Dark Side. Fact is, vaping doesn't work for everyone, and a lot of people aren't willing to put forth the effort it takes to find their groove. You have to admit that, especially in the beginning, vaping can be a frustrating PITA.

Of the people I've converted, I'd guess that slightly less than half are still vaping. That's still a lot better than none, so I try not to get discouraged about it.

I was annoyed with the first couple of "failures", because they went back to smoking but they didn't return the stuff I gave them. I won't ask for it, a gift is a gift. Now I realize that I was just being petulant about it. Maybe they plan to try again some day.

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
I was annoyed with the first couple of "failures", because they went back to smoking but they didn't return the stuff I gave them. I won't ask for it, a gift is a gift. Now I realize that I was just being petulant about it. Maybe they plan to try again some day.

Know where you are coming from. These days, I tell them upfront that as long as they are using the stuff, it's theirs. Once they stop (quit or, better yet, get their own) it comes back to me. This goes even if things break or die.

The good news: I haven't gotten anything back.

BlueMoods

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
USA - Arkansas
I too buy them gift kits of the same ones I use, that way, if it isn't for them, I ask that they give the stuff back to me. It isn't cheap but, I stopped my step granddaughter from smoking while pregnant and smoking around her baby girl so, that alone is worth the other three that have given me the kits back.

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
Three of my friends so far, and proud of it although they are not 100% converted and still smoking some analogs. Not too many of my friends smoke so I don't think my numbers will be that high, but I always take the time to explain what an e-cig is when a smoker asks me "What is that you're smoking?!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread