Not open for further replies.

BHam

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2011
Chicago, IL
www.vapor4life.com
No no, I appreciate the feedback.

Please no more numbers! The lottery thread is already here, and having to scroll past everyones entries feels tedious to me sometimes. I don't mean this to come off as bitter or negative at all. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my phone; Please excuse typos / autocorrections.

BHam

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2011
Chicago, IL
www.vapor4life.com
I really like the idea of a contest, especially ones where no special skill is required... However, I agree with SnowDragon, that it should be kind of a scavenger hunt... or trivia game... not too hard to scare away us scare crow brains, but enough that we have to think "outside the box"

I working on coming up with something along these lines.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Morandir835

Idiot Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Outside DC
BHam sir how about a contest involving who could make the best work of art using only dog doodoo from around town? Or one to see who can hide the most monkeys in a basement without scaring them? Or convince the most people to give up a finger or a toe so the person could super glue it to thier forehead? Guarantee none of them have been done before. :)

plantlvr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2009
Northern California
BHam sir how about a contest involving who could make the best work of art using only dog doodoo from around town? Or one to see who can hide the most monkeys in a basement without scaring them? Or convince the most people to give up a finger or a toe so the person could super glue it to thier forehead? Guarantee none of them have been done before. :)

Yay Morandir :D

I like games and am having fun with 'words with friends', and 'draw something'. But as soon as you announce a contest on this forum, well you see the results, pages and pages of responses. I like best joke/vid responses to a good question, something like this-

Who do you think is the best....whatever. Then people can post what they think and YOU BHam will be the judge :)

BHam

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2011
Chicago, IL
www.vapor4life.com

I love your creative genius. However, legally speaking....all of those are valid contests :D

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

MystStick

ECF Veteran
The Russian Roulette game going on in the suppliers forum seems like a LOT of fun. I understand the negative connotations with suicide/gun violence, but it could be changed to something like balloon darts or Knock Down the Clown. I'll use the clown game as an example.......At first, everyone picks a numbered clown 1 through 6 (a cool graphic could be used). A virtual ball is thrown and hits one of the clowns, say, number two. Those that picked number two clown are out and the people who picked 1,3,4,5,6 get to pick a again (1 through 6) and a few hours or a day later, another ball is thrown and more people are out and on and on until only one remains. You can decide how often the balls are thrown. Furthermore, you will have to post before the start time so that everyone who wants to play will have their picks in before that time. Once the game starts you can't just jump in, you must start at the beginning. If no one picked the clown that was knocked down, another ball is thrown until someone is out. Finally, if a player advances to the next round, they must pick their new number before the next ball is thrown, if they do not, they forfeit the rest of the game.

Another way to look at it is V4L Dodge Ball!

If a game like this has been tried here before, I apologize for wasting your time with my wall o' text.

This message will self destruct in 4...3....2......

I like this idea, a lot!

TheScootness

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2011
Missouri
I like the one that chad used to run. I think it was like the V4L lottery?

Each day is a new thread that begins at a certain time. Start with a prize of a $5 or $10 V4L gift card. Bam picks a random number say between 1-1000. Each person gets one guess only. Whoever guesses the number wins and it starts over the next day. If nobody guesses the number then the next day Bam picks another random number and everybody gets another guess and the prize stacks each day, adding another $5 or $10 to the previous unclaimed total. If it goes for a few weeks without a winner then the pot can get really big!

I really enjoyed that one because most of us just don't have the time to spend guessing numbers every 5 minutes for hours at a time but it keeps everyone coming to the forum at least once a day to check in.

Last edited:

AudreySchroder

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
www.V4L.com
I like games and am having fun with 'words with friends', and 'draw something'.

I <3 Words with Friends and just got into Draw Something. Funny, I thought I was an okay artist, but not after playing that game! Sometimes even the "easy" and "medium" words are really hard to convey. I can't wait to get more colors.

BHam

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2011
Chicago, IL
www.vapor4life.com
Add me on DrawSomething, anyone is welcome. BrandonIIT is my username.

I <3 Words with Friends and just got into Draw Something. Funny, I thought I was an okay artist, but not after playing that game! Sometimes even the "easy" and "medium" words are really hard to convey. I can't wait to get more colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread