Contemplating a high power mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fir3b1rd

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
So I've been debating on getting a 30W device and am torn between a vaporshark and DIY.
I've found a few kits for the dna and Sx chipsets.
Only can't find any housing for the Sx chipset. Found several for the dna.
I don't have the tools or workspace to build the housing. For it.
And I can't find any decent sx350l. I've found a few mods for the dna like the vaporshark mod. I really don't want to spend more than 150 on a mod. If I'm going to spend the 200 and up I would get something different.
Im primarily looking fora high quality build- ie not the Hana clones. Or a housing for the sx359. Kits.
Any ideas I would be most appreciative.thank you .
Also I'm weird- I like the higher frequency mods- can't stand that rattlesnake pwm stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
May i make a recommendation. I have a Seven 22 mod but they now make a 30watt version for $149. minus tax. Its damn tough. Built IMO as good or better than the Porvari. You can make any adj with just one hand and with only one button. It uses a gravity sensor to tell when it's tilted and you push the fire button a few times to bring up a menu and you tilt it to make changes. IMO i can see no need to go over 30 watts. If you want a box mod they are even cheaper. Under $60. now. You said you don't have the a way to make one. I have a hana clone also and I love it. It's a DNA30 no logo. Only bad thing in the box mods is you pretty much have to recharge it not swap out the battery to much trouble to do that and the threads on the screws and mod will take a beating if you keep doing that not to mention what happens if you lose the special screws for it. Best price i have found for a Vapor Shark DNA 30 is just under $200.00.

Fir3b1rd

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
May i make a recommendation. I have a Seven 22 mod but they now make a 30watt version for $149. minus tax. Its damn tough. Built IMO as good or better than the Porvari. You can make any adj with just one hand and with only one button. It uses a gravity sensor to tell when it's tilted and you push the fire button a few times to bring up a menu and you tilt it to make changes. IMO i can see no need to go over 30 watts. If you want a box mod they are even cheaper. Under $60. now. You said you don't have the a way to make one. I have a hana clone also and I love it. It's a DNA30 no logo. Only bad thing in the box mods is you pretty much have to recharge it not swap out the battery to much trouble to do that and the threads on the screws and mod will take a beating if you keep doing that not to mention what happens if you lose the special screws for it. Best price i have found for a Vapor Shark DNA 30 is just under $200.00.

Thank you.
Obviously I'm looking to spend as little as possible; but, I'm picky which is a bad combination. My absolute cut off is $150.00
Especially since I'm not looking to replace my daily driver.
I was looking at the 7-22's upgrade the 7-30 but it's a 2650 mod- just too big for me. I don't mind a box mod so long as it's about the size of the MVP2.
Which clone do you have? Where from?
There's a thread on here about those and some vastly mixed reviews to the point that it scared me off of them. That thread is what got me exploring a DIY.

Fir3b1rd

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
I handled a hanah clone today, it felt really really nice. The shop I went to got 2 in, the mini, and the full sized. They said they ordered one of each to test for a few weeks before buying more to sell. They feel like they are made really really well.

Wait there's a mini Hana clone? I gotta spend the night on google

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
Thank you.
Obviously I'm looking to spend as little as possible; but, I'm picky which is a bad combination. My absolute cut off is $150.00
Especially since I'm not looking to replace my daily driver.
I was looking at the 7-22's upgrade the 7-30 but it's a 2650 mod- just too big for me. I don't mind a box mod so long as it's about the size of the MVP2.
Which clone do you have? Where from?
There's a thread on here about those and some vastly mixed reviews to the point that it scared me off of them. That thread is what got me exploring a DIY.

Here are the two 18000 tube mods i spoke of. KSD 30 Watt Vamo on Steroids - Vapor Tek USA
Tobeco DNA 30 18650 Mod "Customer Appreciation Pre Order" - Vapor Tek USA
Here is the DNA 30 no logo mod i have. Cana Modz Clone

Here is a cool one for preorder. Dovpo E-Mech 30 watt Transformer "Pre Order" Deception - Black Only - Vapor Tek USA

Fir3b1rd

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Status
Not open for further replies.