Constantly gurgling clearos!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shpondra

Aug 26, 2013
Australia
Hey all,

I'm a new vaper with a couple of 1300 mah Vision Spinners.

I bought some GS-H2 clearos and replacement coils. They were great in the beginning, now I can't use them for more than 5 puffs without gurgling and e-liquid coming up the inhale. Then I blow out the coil area, and within 5 inhales, the crap starts again.

I've put brand new coils in, and within 24 hours they are the same, i.e. useless. I really like the taste they deliver, but I can't get them to work! I think I've wasted about 5 new coils trying, and I get the same mouthful of liquid every time. A new coil is good for 12-24 hours and then a gurglefest.

I have a stardust that is fine, I'm using it, but the taste isn't as good as the GS-H2 was.

I'm thinking of going to the store in the morning to buy a couple of fresh GS-H2 BCCs, but I don't want the same problem again and this guy sells them for $10 each which is overpriced.

Anyone know what the issue is? Should I just accept they are crappy clearos?

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
I think it might be the soft rubber gasket at the bottom where the head goes..there is a metal flange on the bottom of the head..if it's not snugged down the juice will seep past that...I have a BCC Mega...same problem...tried cranking it all the way down...still leaks...I think the problem lies in that gasket and the tolerance of the head

The kanger pro tank heads, look like "top coil" heads, in fact you screw them in and the gasket is on the base of the head...thus it seats properly every time...the BCC heads that are the press in type...leak past that bottom cap casket

I'm investigating that if there is another gasket there it might seal better...but I don't have any kangers or a spare BCC head to compare it to...or know anywhere to find another neoprene or silicon gasket to try...other than maybe DIY and a small bead of silicon

My "theory"

OK...going to go ahead and try the picture = 1000 words
Compare the kanger head (bottom head)to the vivi nova (top head)
Kanger head (bottom)
Protank-Coil-2.jpg

Vivi nova top head
replaceable%20coilhead.png

Threaded on bottom, look close gasket at top of threads, but BOTTOM of the head
seals when you screw it down tight

Compare the two...really the only difference is that stalk or tube on the kanger vs the neoprene "cap" on the vivi nova head

BCC mega head, or one from your and my "type tank"
DSCN48341_87057.1369864544.600.600__28151.1377199784.600.600.JPG

No gasket..the gasket is actually on the BOTTOM cap of the tank
Either it doesn't press fit sealing the head, or it actually OVERTIGHTENS and crushes the gasket or crimps/twists it which allows leaking, OR it doesn't even contact the gasket and leaks

Follow?

Last edited:

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
Thank you, but to be honest, I'm confused.

There is no fix for a leaky BCC? Not sure what you are suggesting, but I appreciate the lengths you went to :)
You can either try just snugging down the bottom cap...just lightly tightening, literally as soon as you feel it hit bottom stop tightening...honestly that's about all I can offer...my BCC Mega is leaking too..this is why I am running a top head CE4S from China...none of them leak...but they suffer the "swish and flick" of being a top head and having to keep the wicks wet

Maybe try boiling the bottom cap w/ gasket and see if the heat causes the gasket to re-expand or swell (I do think neoprene suffers from memory, aka, crush it down one time, later on it retains at least part of that crushed shape meaning the coil no longer sits properly on the gasket and seals)

Will have to do further investigation though, wish I could do more

I'm sorry I went all scientifiky on ya...I just see (what I believe) a possible "design flaw" with the BCC type non threaded heads...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread