Confused about legal status

Status
Not open for further replies.

cherrypopwizkid

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2009
Chesterfield Virginia, USA
OK, so in other words there is no crime domestically right now, but because it is unregulated that also means there is room for them to decide to regulate it. There in lies the danger because over regulation leads to higher production cost, taxes on liquids and gear, elimination of vamping in certain places, or worse of all, complete product banning and illegalization. Right?

ZexMarquies01

Verified Member
Apr 12, 2009
Piqua, Ohio
OK, so in other words there is no crime domestically right now, but because it is unregulated that also means there is room for them to decide to regulate it. There in lies the danger because over regulation leads to higher production cost, taxes on liquids and gear, elimination of vamping in certain places, or worse of all, complete product banning and illegalization. Right?

Correct. Which is one of our main problems. Except that it's not really the e-cig itself that would get banned, but the Liquid nicotine instead ( the part is the drug )

Some people have THOUSANDS of dollars invested into e-cigs. If they suddenly get banned, once they run out of Nicotine juice...they are out, unless they have another way of ordering the stuff ( black market ), Or going to a different country that has different laws...etc..etc..

This is also a problem for suppliers here in the U.S. Many of them are making a living by selling e-cigs, parts, and juices. If this stuff gets banned, all these suppliers will go under. So there is risk on both sides of the fence. ( though, there's much much more risk on the supplier side. )

It's just a part of e-cigs that we have all come to terms with. buy the e-cig and liquid and take the chance that it could get banned soon, Or don't spend the money in fear that it will get banned.

cherrypopwizkid

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2009
Chesterfield Virginia, USA
Not to mention if they work as they say they do ( i only use that qualifier because I haven't gotten mine yet) than they are far safer. If they are banned, than the FDA could potentially be killing up to 400,000 people a year. The only group that would benifit from the ban is Big Tobacco.

You know whats kind of unfortunate though is despite us having a common enemy I can't see e-cig advocacy groups and orginizations like Truth working together to make sure this ban doesn't happen.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Not to mention if they work as they say they do ( i only use that qualifier because I haven't gotten mine yet) than they are far safer. If they are banned, than the FDA could potentially be killing up to 400,000 people a year. The only group that would benifit from the ban is Big Tobacco.

You know whats kind of unfortunate though is despite us having a common enemy I can't see e-cig advocacy groups and orginizations like Truth working together to make sure this ban doesn't happen.

Big Pharmacy companies also benefit with no competition for their NRT's that only work about 10% of the time but make them a huge profit. It's the big pharmacy companies that fund the hard core anti-smoking groups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread