Concerns about cleanliness of new tank

reubenk21

May 20, 2024
Hi guys.

As the title states, I am slightly concered about the cleanliness of my new tank. Just picked up a voopoo drag E60. As I opened the box and picked up the device, I noticed it had a slightly sweet smell(Almost a fruity eliquid smell)on it and was wondering what that might be. It wasn't a discounted display one either and the box was completely sealed, so just wondering what the smell could have been. Just want to be absolutely sure that I'm not harming myself by inhaling machine oil or some nasty factory chemicals. I've given the tank a decent rinse in piping hot water, but still unsure whether I should use it or not..

Thanks.

EDIT: Sucks but had to empty the tank - now worried I'm vaping soap haha

Last edited:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Not uncommon to have some manufacturing gunk left over in a new tank. Some makers do a better job cleaning up than others.

I always wash new tanks in hot soapy water - dish soap. AFTER taking it all the way apart! Then a thorough rinse in hot water, and let dry before re--assembling.

Do that, no worries. Nope, never want to vape oil!!

reubenk21

May 20, 2024
Not uncommon to have some manufacturing gunk left over in a new tank. Some makers do a better job cleaning up than others.

I always wash new tanks in hot soapy water - dish soap. AFTER taking it all the way apart! Then a thorough rinse in hot water, and let dry before re--assembling.

Do that, no worries. Nope, never want to vape oil!!
Didn't use soap, but it seems to taste okay, so I think it's probably fine?

Users who are viewing this thread