Concerned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greystoke

Jul 27, 2013
Kokomo, IN, usa
I've titled this concerned for a reason. One this is my fifth post and I'm gonna make it a good one. The problem we al face at this stage of the game is BIG tobacco! They will lose billions of sales just from vaping getting into the mainstream and the more the people become aware there is an alternative to cancer and all the harmful effects of cigarette smoke the more they lose. It is time that all of us stand on a milk crate and sream out loud " WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO VAPE". " WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO LIVE" "WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE HEALTHY" PERIOD! I am a firm believer that vaping can save millions of lives by giving people an alternative. Ok I think I've said enough now its your turn people.

Margate69

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Also, at the top of the page you may see a note to fill out the CASAA survey on e-cig users. It only took me a couple minutes, and it may help to keep them from trying to make all the great flavors illegal! Please take the time to fill it out!

CASAA 2013 E-cigarette Consumer Survey - 0%

razorz

Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
South Florida
www.tritondatacom.com
While I think vaping is much better than smoking cigarettes, I have the feeling it's not as "safe" as we all think it is.

That being said. It's kept me off cigarettes for 2 years and my wife just hit a month smoke free by using an EGO-T pen e-cig after smoking for 30+ years.

I'm not sure the cigarette companies have the power the oil companies do..

Orion_2280

Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
USA
personally I think big tobacco will get there money regardless. The FDA will eventually regulate the sale of e-liquid, probably hinged on the fact that nicotine is a drug. They cant deny the health benefits anymore over analogs. But nicotine only comes from one place on earth and that is tobacco leaves. I think once regulations get put on big tobacco will just sell the nicotine from the leaves. face it they already own all the big farms. The problem is if prices don't go up then they wont make enough money, which is why they have purchased other company's like Blu. these are just my opinions, I don't like the FDA being involved but at the same time I would like some sort of assurance that the e-liquid I buy is pure and not more nicotine than I want. I am a happy vapor and glad I found it, I do hope that nothing comes along that totally ruins it for the millions who have already benefited from vaping. But this day and age who knows what will happen. All we have is to speak our minds show the studies as evidence and fight for our rights to vape.

BlueMoods

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
USA - Arkansas
Not true, nicotine is in many foods, while what we currently use for e liquid does come form tobacco and, that is the plant with the most nicotine in it, eggplant, tomatoes, peppers and most cruciferous (sp) (Cabbage, kale and the like) also contain nicotine. There are also other natural chemicals that have very similar properties so, we may someday replace nicotine with one of those, maybe not but, tobacco is far from the only plant that contains nicotine. It would be more costly but, I'd bet we could get it form other sources and, it can be synthesized in a lab as well. Just cheaper and easier to get it from tobacco.

It all boils down to money. The flavored card doen't play - there are flavored cigars in fruit flavors for sale at Wal Mart. The contains nicotine fails - NRT like gums, patches and all should also bear the cigarette tax if that were the case and, they don't. PG is harmful to inhale doesn't fly - hospitals have used it in the air circulation systems for decades to reduce bacteria and other contaminants - if it cased problems, every retired hospital worker out there would have PG caused problems. No argument they try to pull flies when you actually look at the facts so, that leave the one motivation for banning and regulating vaping MONEY for government and, they don't care if that's via taxes or fines for having or using a banned item.

You know, I don't see this as an attack from big tobacco companies. They could easily jump into the e-liquid business and prosper. It is the government, local on up, looking for a backdoor way to use this as a revenue stream like they have used cigarettes, gambling, and even working hard for a living.

"Give us our share and we will give you the freedom to vape." The new mafia! Will we rejoice when our vaping supplies are in every store and gas station so long as we pay the taxes on it? Most likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread