commit still s*cks even in suppossed cherry flavor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasondavis48108

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2008
Ann Arbor Michigan
how on gods green earth do folks use these commit lozenges on a regular basis. I decided to pick up a box of Commit lozenges, partly because I had not tried Commit before and partly becuase I had not tried cherry before (only the mint). These things are distgusting, they are horribly slimey in your mouth and they don't taste anything like cherry. more like a sucetes or something I don't know. I figured I'd use them to supplement my snus and stonewall, but I don't think I'll be using these things too often, very hard to build a ritual around soemthing that s so damn unappealing. Maybe if I salted them and placed them in a teabag? On second thought, no, just no. Maybe next I'll try the ice fruit flavored nic gum. I feel the need to find soemthing that might replace stonewall if it's pulled off the market. Why the H*LL doesn't big pharma just admit that they aren't intending folks to wean themselves off thier products and start making the stuff more appealing, I want a vanilla java flavored cig shaped candy stick, a least 15 good flavors of non-tobacco zero tsna snus, and a nic laced temporary tattoo! guess we all gota have dreams:) The commit was a nightmare

jamie

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2008
USA
Jason, you used the same descriptor I've used in discussing the lozenges - slimy. I have no recollections of the taste, I couldn't get past the unpleasant sensation of having them in my mouth.

Have you considered the prescription inhaler? If you have insurance that covers it you could pick up a box of those to try. I'm a bit partial to the inhaler as compared to the other 'official' NRT products.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Brilliant, Jason. Just brilliant. A nic-laced temporary tattoo. Man, that's my kind of thinking. I was raised, literally, in a house adjacent to Thomas Edison's winter lab in Fort Myers and my dad worked briefly with Edison. Let's you and I move to Menlo Park, N.J., and start development! The world needs an alternative to Ruyan cartridges ...

I've started design now of a skull and crossbones tattoo .. and another that's just a heart with "I Love Nic" in it.

jarvis

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2008
Tx
I tried a free sample tube of the cappuccino commit lozenges. It was disgusting. Like a slimy antacid tablet. It didn't taste much like any kind of coffee at all, a slight tingling in my mouth didn't really kill my nicotine craving. I'd definitely go with a gum if I had to choose between the two, at least the gum didn't cover my whole mouth in unpleasantness.

Bellinghamster

ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2008
Bellingham, WA USA
I have actually developed a taste for the "fruit chill" Nicorette gum... Trident just seems so tame these days...

I tried the cappuccino flavored Commit lozenges as well... horrible burning, flavor, and texture... 10x worse than the old Nicorette gum.

I have a co-worker who loves them though... to each his own!(?)

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
One of my old editors went on nic lozenges five years ago -- and is still on them and about 80 pounds heavier.

That's probably because s/he is not getting enough nicotine from the lozenges. I haven't gained weight since switching out all my tobacco cigs for the electronic cigarette.

Worst thing about commit is it makes you look like you've been eating monkey cum.

So, you can either look like you're smoking a crack pipe by vaping, or you can look like you've been eating crack with Commit, or TMJ with the gum, look like a gomer and stain your teeth with SNUS, and there's the utter dissatisfaction that is the patch. I don't know, vaping seems the most agreeable option out of all those. At least until I perfect*nicotine infused cinnamon toothpicks.

G_Jones

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2009
Seattle
the thing with nic lozenges is you want to get the generic drug store brand ( walgreens / rite aid). these are far less slimy than the commit brand, without the ridiculous flavor, and less expensive, and they last longer - they do not dissolve as quickly. They taste very bland and while not exciting as other stuff, do the trick as far as providing nicotine.

If you use these you may notice that they are often sold out or low on these while all the other lozenges and gums and commit etc are fully stocked. The stores must move truckloads of these and make a ton of money, but it's still pretty much as expensive as smoking cigarettes. Can't imagine the places that sell these would be crazy about introducing less expensive alternatives.

much better than gum and a pretty stealthy tobacco substitute, though not as pleasurable a companion to a nice whiskey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread