Status
Not open for further replies.

Krakkan

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2009
New Orleans, LA
www.truesmoker.com
[FONT="]Truesmoker and a few other suppliers are assisting the student with a survey. Below is a survey of ecig users if have time please take a look and help us with it.

Dear Electronic Cigarette User,

My name is Kyle Varner, and I am a researcher at the American University of Antigua College of Medicine. We are conducting a survey of users of electronic cigarettes to determine if and how they affect the smoking of analogue cigarettes.

Your participation in this survey will help further medical and scientific understanding of electronic cigarettes. This survey should take no more than five minutes of your time. We are collecting no personal data, so you confidentiality is 100% assured.

If you can spare five minutes to answer our questions, we would be very appreciative.
Here is a link to the survey:

Electronic Cigarette Research

Thank you in advance for your time!

Sincerely,

Kyle Varner
MD Candidate
American University of Antigua College of Medicine[/FONT]

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
When I got to the question that asked me again when I began smoking, I realized that I was in a section set aside for people who quit smoking BEFORE they began using the e-cigarette. The survey was flawed in that it should have routed you to the appropriate sub-groupings of questions based on earlier responses and skipped those groups that did not apply.

I am not sure when we will see results from Antigua. I have access to experts in public health who conduct statistically valid surveys all the time. If I put together a survey with their help, would you all be willing to take it?

umop apisdn

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2009
Hello, I find that this survey has a few loaded questions, or at least it's missing some answers applicable to many vapers.

For example, "5. How has your use of electronic cigarettes affected your desire for conventional cigarettes?" I don't see an option to say I used to crave them, but do not anymore. Saying I never craved them would be lying, but saying I do now significantly less implies that I still do. If I admitted to craving them, I would also be saying that I still do with no affect, same with saying I never craved them.

I'm not trying to discredit the survey, but there should have been a few precautions made to avoid such loaded questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread