Status
Not open for further replies.

xanderxman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2012
Ptown, VA
Batteries do not operate well at low temperature. The chemical reaction in the battery is slowed by low temperatures. So if you attempt to use a cold battery it will tend to appear to discharge quickly but it actually is a slow down in the chemical reaction occurring. OTOH, a fully charged battery will hold a charge longer if it is cold for the same reasons.

If you want to use the battery it is best to keep it room temp but if you want to store it charged then colder is better. I do not think permanent damage will result from freezing temps.

Your other hardware is probably not so temperature dependant. As for juice, I have seen people say to keep it room temp and I have seen people that store it in the fridge or freezer. Not sure what to tell you here, but I keep mine at room temp.

Reactions: Laura Miller

BWhare

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2012
Indiana
Have you noticed that PG is rather fluid when pouring and VG is more syrupy. If you heat VG, it will become far more fluid (like holding it under a hot water tap heating, not flaming). By the same token it would seem inevitable that VG would pretty much stop moving altogether if it were cooled sufficiently. PG should become rather molasses-like. Wicking should be hindered a great deal by cold temperatures depending on the ratios being used. Freezing shouldn't be much of a problem unless the temperatures go below what is safe for your car's antifreeze for obvious reasons.

And as has been pointed out innumerable times, do not try to put a frozen metal drip tip in your mouth unless you have masochistic tendencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread