Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hi guys,

I am using evic vtc mini+triton tank..What is lifespan of Aspire Triton Replacement Coil Head 1.8 ohm?
My consumption is nearly 4 ml per a day.

I have got RTA kit bu bild coil. Same question for this coil; What is lifespan for my own coil?

Every 3 days i change my wire and wick, is it ok?

thanks in advance...

This Question has been Asked Many Times. And it is Very Difficult to Answer. It's like asking How Long will a set of Tires last?

A Set of Tires will last a Very Long Time if you Don't Drive Much. Or if when you drive, you drive Slowly over Smooth Roads.

Same with a Coil.

A Coil can last a Very Long Time if a Person Doesn't Vape Much. And if they Vape at Low Watts and don't use Heavily Flavored/Sweetened e-Liquids.

If you Vape about 4ml/day, getting 3 Days out of a Coil/Wick sounds a Little Short on average. But once again, Hard to Say what is on the Ends of the Average Scale because the Watts and the make up of the e-Liquids play such a Huge Role.

Also there are a Lot of People who Really Like that "New Coil/Wick" taste. And will change out there set-up at the 1st Hint of Performance/Taste Drop Off.

Where Others may use the Coil/Wick for Much Longer. And Don't make a Change until the Coil/Wick starts Tasting Noticeable Bad.

When I was using factory heads, I would get about a week on one before flavor started to take a turn, 5 days if I was vaping a dark juice. Now, I just use RTA and I will rewick every 30 mls and burn off any built up gunk while I am rewicking. My coils I change about once a month, just because they seem to get a bit brittle if I let them go longer.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
I have heard of people using the same coil as long as a year or so. When the coil goes bad you will know it... It will break, pop, or get damaged while re-wicking.
4 month old coil. I use silica so the wick is about 3, 31/2 weeks old.

20151120_122341.jpg

Reactions: Eric Auer

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
If the coil go out, wouldn't it be beacuase of a thick vg base liquid? Correct me if I'm wrong, I have yet to buy a tank but my coils gunk up real quick on basically all my fruit or sweet juices. :unsure: with a high vg.

Are you vaping at a high watt perhaps ? I never really used a high watt device but maybe you are over heating the coil ?

Coils can be cleaned and re wicked, many, many times.
Yes sweeter vapes tend to Gunk-up a coil faster than some other juices. NET juices also. IM, High VG juices gunk faster than High PG. The hotter you get the coil the faster it will tend to breakdown. And a cooler coil tends to gunk faster than a warmer coil, at least for me.

But, remember, a coil can be cleaned and rewicked, many, many times. Before it must be replaced. Most people replace coil do to Them damaging the coils, or they get bored with them. LOOOOONG before a coil is even close to failure.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Hi guys,

I am using evic vtc mini+triton tank..What is lifespan of Aspire Triton Replacement Coil Head 1.8 ohm?

I have got RTA kit bu bild coil. Same question for this coil; What is lifespan for my own coil?

thanks in advance...

You rta gives you the idea; expect a coil to last maybe 3 days of frequent use.

If I were rich I'd just buy a thousand coils and put in a fresh one every day. Wouldn't want to be vaping expensive premium eliquids on a 2-day old coil.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
If the coil go out, wouldn't it be beacuase of a thick vg base liquid? Correct me if I'm wrong, I have yet to buy a tank but my coils gunk up real quick on basically all my fruit or sweet juices. :unsure: with a high vg.

Are you vaping at a high watt perhaps ? I never really used a high watt device but maybe you are over heating the coil ?
VG by itself does not gunk coils. It's flavors and sweeteners. I use 70-80% VG juice, but only slightly flavored. Wicks on my Taifun are good up to 2 months.

petefeet

Sep 18, 2015
fife,Scotland, uk
Coils can be cleaned and re wicked, many, many times.
Yes sweeter vapes tend to Gunk-up a coil faster than some other juices. NET juices also. IM, High VG juices gunk faster than High PG. The hotter you get the coil the faster it will tend to breakdown. And a cooler coil tends to gunk faster than a warmer coil, at least for me.

But, remember, a coil can be cleaned and rewicked, many, many times. Before it must be replaced. Most people replace coil do to Them damaging the coils, or they get bored with them. LOOOOONG before a coil is even close to failure.
Hi there,how do you clean a coil.im using subtank mini rba with a dual coil set up.ty

Hi guys,

thanks in advance...

I'm using blister pack, Aspire, 0.3ohm coils in an Atlantis II and Triton tank, on a 150W Sigelei between 45W and 65W. Note that they suggest running that coil at 70W to 80W...and I do not. My coils are currently two months old, and showing no signs of giving up.

I usually wash my tanks and coils by hand every time I change the fluid, in lukewarm to cool water running under a faucet. I do not let them dry out. I assemble and refill the tank with a new flavor and leave it sit upright like that. So far so good.

I vape like a champ, lung hits, all day.

Dzaw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
New Hampshire
Both of my RDA's have pretty simple dual coil builds - 6 wraps of 28 guage on a 2.5mm rod. 0.5 ohm (+/- a smidge from one build to the next).

I can't get a coil to last longer than 2 weeks.

'Course, I'm sucking down 25 ish ml per day through them. Have to change wicks and dry burn twice daily, because my liquids tend to be real coil gunkers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread