Coil build for clouds and flavor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to share with everybody on here that, after rebuilding for about 10 months, I have finally stumbled upon the coil that produces clouds of vapor and a mouth full of flavor. I personally am a cloud chaser more than flavor but I do love my flavor. The last two days I've been playing around with twisted 28gauge kanthal and was finding all the coils i was building gave great flavor but just ok vapor. But today I found the perfect build to get massive clouds and tons of flavor:

** Twisted 28gauge dual parallel coils **
I tried multiple variations of wraps and drill bit sizes and In my opinion I have achieved the best results with 5wraps of twisted 28gauge(parallel) on a 3/32 drill bit. and it comes out to 0.18Ω

Lunarautumn

Verified Member
Jan 30, 2011
New Hampshire USA
Quick question wasn't sure if i should ask it here but didn't see another spot to ask anyway My oHm meter always shows a different resistance than my cloupor DNA30 like my last build read 0.51 on my meter but my cloupor says it's 0.3 seems all builds have a 0.2 difference between the 2 should I trust my meter over the DNA 30 ?

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Quick question wasn't sure if i should ask it here but didn't see another spot to ask anyway My oHm meter always shows a different resistance than my cloupor DNA30 like my last build read 0.51 on my meter but my cloupor says it's 0.3 seems all builds have a 0.2 difference between the 2 should I trust my meter over the DNA 30 ?

My Cana is right on par with my ohm reader. Obviously it rounds up or down depending on the decimal, but it's right in the same ballpark. i.e. A 1.23Ω build on my kayfun will register at 1.2Ω on my Cana. I would invest in a new ohm meter. When you are building at that low of a resistance, you truly need an accurate meter. Please be careful my friend.

Lunarautumn

Verified Member
Jan 30, 2011
New Hampshire USA
My Cana is right on par with my ohm reader. Obviously it rounds up or down depending on the decimal, but it's right in the same ballpark. i.e. A 1.23Ω build on my kayfun will register at 1.2Ω on my Cana. I would invest in a new ohm meter. When you are building at that low of a resistance, you truly need an accurate meter. Please be careful my friend.

Thanks all i will get a new meter. I can say it is consistent it is always 0.2 difference. I usually vape on my RDA's between .50 and 1.0, my Russian 91 % and kafun @1.5 and I only use 2 different brand batteries. The Sony 18650 3.7 v 2600 mAh 30 watt high drain VTC 5 and
Efest 18650 3.7 v 2500 mAh 35 watt high drain. I don't mess around with batteries, imho they are the most important part of safe vaping and your coil build of course. I do not like going below 0.50 which is why i posted this, so when i see 0.52 on my meter which is only a few months old, then see 0.3 on my mod I had to ask. after 30 years of smoking 2-1/2 packs a day this Feb will be year 4 of vaping and tobacco free..... I can not believe I have been vaping for 3 1/2 years now Time really does go by faster the older you get ! Anyway Thanks again for your reply's, and concern, I will let you know if the new meter shows a difference if not it would have to be my cloupor that's off we will see

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
<snip> and Efest 18650 3.7 v 2500 mAh 35 watt high drain. I don't mess around with batteries, imho they are the most important part of safe vaping and your coil build of course.

Just an FYI.

If your batteries are the purple Efest 18650 2500mAh 35A batteries -- they are not 35A continuous. They are really rebranded LG18650HE2 2500mAh 20 amp continuous batteries.
Source: Baditudes Blog Battery Basics for Mods: IMR or Protected ICR?

Here is another warning that was posted on ECF regarding another purple Efest battery: Efest 3100mAh battery caution

Lunarautumn

Verified Member
Jan 30, 2011
New Hampshire USA
Looks like I found out why there was a difference I replaced the batteries in my meter and now it is just about right on the coil that was reading 0.52 is now reading 0.38 on my meter. As you know the cloupor only goes one place after the decimal point so I can not say it is exact, but much much closer. lesson learned replace batteries more often in my meter !

Lunarautumn

Verified Member
Jan 30, 2011
New Hampshire USA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread