Coffee

Status
Not open for further replies.

boxerdoglover

Aug 16, 2010
Oregon
I have been using a PV for exactly 9 days as of today, so 9 days analog free but has anyone else found that they do not drink as much coffee as when you were using analogs...I used to drink a full pot of coffee before work and now I do not have more than 1 cup...I just think it is just strange since I always considered myself a coffee person...any comments lol.

Tober138

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
cHARLOTte, NC
I generally drink coffee for most of the day at work, but I think my consumption has gone down a bit (maybe from 5-4 cups per day). Although that may have something to do with being able to vape at my desk (home office, so I can set my own HR rules :D ), whereas I used to go outside to have a smoke. So maybe I just don't reach for the coffee cup on the desk as much as I used to.

SimpleSins

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2010
SW Iowa
If you google nicotine and caffeine (like I just did), apparently nicotine interferes with our ability to absorb and use caffeine, so as smokers, we bumped up the caffeine intake to get the buzz. If we are not getting the same amount of nicotine from vaping as we did smoking (as some studies suggest) and we drink the same amount of caffeine, then we are suddenly going to be flush with caffeine. Which on careful reflection could explain the insomnia I have had for the last couple of weeks.

This article discusses it with chew, snuff, etc., but I would think it would extrapolate into cigarette nicotine, too.

The Caffeine / Nicotine Interaction - KillTheCan.org

imawitch

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
anywhere my broomstick takes me
I have been using a PV for exactly 9 days as of today, so 9 days analog free but has anyone else found that they do not drink as much coffee as when you were using analogs...I used to drink a full pot of coffee before work and now I do not have more than 1 cup...I just think it is just strange since I always considered myself a coffee person...any comments lol.

Ive been vaping for 8 months now

I used to drink a entire pot of coffee every single day..

i now only drink 1 cup of cofee in the morning...

yup, im a 1 day a cup gal

War Mouse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2010
Bay City MI
While I'm sure the above posts are correct concerning the absorbtion, another theory I'm clinging to is actually taste. I used to drink huge amounts of extremely strong black coffee. Once I quit analogs I realized just how strong that was. As I got back my sense of smell, and by default, sense of taste, my own coffee that I had been making the same way for over 10 years was suddenly way to bitter. I just adjusted the ratio and now it tastes really good again. If you really love your coffee and want it back, just cut back on the amount of grounds, add a filter, or lighten your roast. Enjoy relearning to love coffee......I know I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread