CNN hit piece on teen vaping epidemic

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I reluctantly force myself to listen to some liberal and conservative news, every day. This is mainly so when the kid OR the husband gets at me over some issue (constant) I at least know what information is being "fed."

It's also useful as you really aren't going to reach "the truth" of any matter, without (painfully) noting who is saying what, and why.

Both sides seem to be doing an awful lot of propaganda/gloating at the moment. I imagine the truth lies somewhere in between each side, but if you only ever listen to "your" source of news, it's hard to get the full picture.

Barring, (censored) Facebook. I cannot bring myself to go there, and I freaking hope they go down in flames. I did hear this morning their stock fell, hard.

I do think it sucks, in many ways. At first, FB was a fun way to remain connected with old friends, much more easily, and I imagine many folks on there are now doing it reluctantly, but because they have developed friendships/businesses there and don't want to have to repeat the process elsewhere.

FB is a PLAUGE now, though. I'm glad I got out when I did. It just.... It's a horrible company.

Anna

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Sounds like you're getting in a little unfair dig about smokers.
Nope, the dig isn't aimed at smokers, but at those who view smokers primarily as a source of tax revenue.

So, what would that make you if they decide to tax vaping as well as smoking? They can do that, I hope you know.
Oh yes, I'm very aware of that. My home state already has a 40% wholesale tax on all vape goods.

We can only be kept in the cages that we refuse to see.

CarolT

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2011
Madison WI
Nope, the dig isn't aimed at smokers, but at those who view smokers primarily as a source of tax revenue.

Oh yes, I'm very aware of that. My home state already has a 40% wholesale tax on all vape goods.

We can only be kept in the cages that we refuse to see.
Maybe your point could be made a little more clearly.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread