Cloudflare problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe
Starting this morning I’ve had problems viewing threads with an iPhone, an iPad and a couple computers.

Cloudflare gets stuck in the “checking browser” loop. Sometimes it takes a few minutes and then I can get to a thread. Other times I can’t get to any thread at all.

It’s only with this website. Every other website is fine.

I am not running any browser plugins whatsoever. I’ve rebooted my router, same problem.

This problem did not exist last night.

Somewhere something changed.

I would just like everything to work, as it did.

Reactions: BrotherBob

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe
CB2723C0-D65E-4F2C-80B6-A1CB182BF677.png
Sometimes I get this error when refreshing a page and after Cloudflare does a browser check.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
from the tech people

this morning from Jake :
Looks like there are an extremely large number of requests coming from countless datacenter IP addresses so I've enabled DDoS protection mode through Cloudflare.

When I directed Tech to this thread just a few minutes ago :
The error when you refresh after getting that cloudflare splash page unfortunately isn't something we can really do anything about it's because it handles that as a form submission that redirects, if you refresh it submits another form submission with a token that is no longer valid. If you click to any page, or go into the address bar and press enter it'll reload the current page without that happening. That will only happen on the page that loads immediately after you get the cloudflare splash page

I haven't seen any high resource usages that would lead to slow page loads. That could just be a side effect of the CloudFlare DDoS protection

I'll be switching that mode off shortly anyways as the attack seems to have slowed down quite a bit, but will keep an eye on things so I can turn it back on if need be

Switched off DDoS protection mode, will continue to monitor, but definitely ping me if you notice any issues and I'll try to reply as soon as I see the message
1f642.png

So fingers crossed we can all get back to normal now.
Was a shock to not even be able to see ECF this morning !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread