Not open for further replies.

bert1983

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2010
CO USA
www.trippytips.com
Hello, and Welcome!

This thread is dedicated to the enthusiasts and collectors of TrippyTips Art Glass Drip Tips! It is a general discussion page to share pictures, stories, and a sense of community that has formed around the beautiful, flavorful, and mesmerizing collection of the creations by the artists collectively known as the TrippyTips Dream Team! You will also have access to the most up to date information about new creations since this is the first stop where I will let you know when and where they will be available. If you want to check out our previous thread you may do so here.

If you are looking for an attractive, durable, and comfortable drip tip or other glass accessory made by artists across the USA then welcome! I look forward to making that dream a reality for you!

Sincerely,
:evil:Bert
:evil:

Reactions: rk_mgv

Reidus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
New Orleans, LA
Woohoo! Classes are done! Once I get through with finals next week, I'm off til the first of June.:rickroll::rickroll::rickroll:

Confession time: for the last year, I've been on the RBA/sub-ohm bandwagon. I've dealt with RDAs, RTAs, glasso's, clear's, etc. Well this morning, just for the hell of it, I pulled out one of my glass carto tanks, punched a Boge 2.0 carto and filled them up. And you know what? I really enjoyed it. No I didn't get the flavor I get from my Magma, nor did I get the clouds I get from my subtank. But I also didn't get the leaking, flooding and general persnickedyness of all of these new-fangled devices. It was like putting on an old raggedy pair of jeans: they might not be the best looking or the most fashionable, but damn they're comfortable. :thumbs:

sedge

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
Palm Springs, CA
Just WOW Bert. Amazing. Thank you.

0c5802ab5e2067cb7b8a8e37de32d8e9.jpg
fcad2ebb2ab6b1a58edc60a670916603.jpg
07b78e7060c035c03256e8b93e78f52c.jpg
53544ff0ae55ac743c3a37d0779f4077.jpg

dd03ab77cf80f0a9f3a9a56c0421573a.jpg

Last edited:

Wharf Rat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
Fresno, Ca
www.gratefulvaper.com
Heeeeeee's Baaaaaaack !!!!

What a wonderful 14 days it's been. 2 nights at Levi's and 3 at Soldier's and 5 days soaking in the blissful waters of Wilbur Hot Springs with my Bride.

The Dead came out ready to please... and they did just that. Each night was better than the last and yet the one before was better than next.... It exceeded my expectations my far.

The crowd was all about the music and the sense of community. Talked to dozens of people, all here to send the Boys off, enjoy the magic one last time and reminisce about the past.

"Strangers stopped strangers
just to shake their hand
Everybody's playing
in the Heart of Gold Band
Heart of Gold Band... "

It felt like the 70's hippie love and peace much more the the huge crowds of the 80-90's, yet there over 70K in the stadium and 1000's more outside. Nothing like seeing close to 100K DH's taking over Chicago :lol:

Our hotel played the Dead all weekend long and the staff all wore Tie-Dye !!!! I heard other hotels did the same.

An experience I'll never forget.

Mrs Wharf picked me up at the airport and we were off to Wilbur. 4 nights and 5 days soaking in those healing waters was very much needed for both of us. Regarded as some of the best waters on the planet with high Lithium content.... who needs Xanax :D

Wilbur is out in the middle of... nowhere ! No cellular, no wifi and not even an electrical socket to plug in (yeah, that's hard to get used to) but so good for the soul. I can't think of a less stress-free place on earth.....\

I've rambled on enough, hope all is well with the Merry Tripsters !!!

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Woah. This is like a little family reunion going on here! Might I join your party? :D

Hellooooooooooo Delilah! Sedge, Reidus, Wharfykins, damselle, Tjloa, and Brew! Do you peeps even remember me? :D

Delilah, I feel for you! You and I started vaping around the same time. We got oh so comfy with our "new" cartos and carto tanks, and then, boom! Here we are in 2016 and the world of vape has changed completely.

Has anyone recommended a simple clearo tank for you such as an Aspire Nautilus, or (one of my personal FAVES) the Cerotank? SO easy peazy. Drop in (screw in) coils with just a touch of priming, then vape vape vape. No twisting wires or making your own wicks if you don't want to go that route. I do suggest them as a moving on point if you decide you want to try out gear that is a bit beyond the carto tanks.

As far as devices go, I've stayed fairly old skool on mine. I don't use TC, and I'm definitely a Tootle Puffer (blush) who is happy at 9-11w (double blush). I do circulate thru a stable of mods, but very much enjoy my Provis, Billet Boxes, XVOs, and some less expensive ones such as the Heatvape Defenders and KBox Minis.

VERY happy to see you again. All of you. :wub:

And........

Hi Bert!! :D

donut2.jpg

bert1983

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2010
CO USA
www.trippytips.com
I found this great review of the plasma tank posted in another thread. It's long, but worth the read as it's really well written :)
Sorry this is long. And you can skip the words if you like and just look at the pictures. But the story is kinda' cool, so sit a spell, take your shoes off and read a bit!

It all started in 2008. A Glass Blower since 2004, Bert Langan, like so many of us, discovered vaping at a mall kiosk. And like so many of us, that e-cigarette left a lot to be desired. At the time, he didn't like, nor could he afford any of the drip tips available, so what's a glass blower to do? Well I'll tell you. He decided he could make his own drip tips hand blown of glass. And the rest as they say, is history.

Today, Bert has his own business Trippy Tips (Home page and he carries glass tips from an amazing group of talented glass blowers, who produce some of the most amazingly beautiful, durable and collectible drip tips one can find.

View attachment 462830

Like many of us, Bert moved up in vape gear and clearly he liked the Kayfun Lite Plus. But let's face it. The Kayfun is pretty utilitarian looking. And it's fairly complicated. And it's not easy to fill. So what if he created something truly unique for the Kayfun? Something hand blown completely of glass? Something that is one piece that would replace the chimney and let you see the build deck of your Kayfun and your coil in action? Something that would let you fill your Kayfun without fear of ever losing any precious juice? Something that would let you remove your build deck anytime you wanted to re-coil/re-wick? And so he created the Plasma Tank for the Authentic Kayfun Lite Plus. It, by the way, comes in 3 sizes. Small (2.5ml), Medium (3.5ml) and Regular (5 - 6ml). I got the Regular size as extra juice capacity is utterly fantastic in my book. Yes it is!

View attachment 462831

I first saw this tank when AstroTurf showed a picture of his. And then my buddy Ping had to go get one. Darn you Ping! And then after a brief discussion about them here on ECF, I just had to learn more. So I watched some videos and learned that not only is the Plasma Tank just mad cool looking. It does some pretty nifty things for a Kayfun. Besides the obvious benefits, like being able to see the condition of your wick and coil. Besides being able to remove the build deck and re-coil/re-wick without fear of losing juice. And besides the cool factor of looking like your vaping a science experiment. Everyone who reviewed this puppy had one thing to say that really caught my attention. They all said using one is like adding a flavor booster to your Kayfun. Flavor booster? You mean my Kayfun can taste even better than it does right now? They all said it could, so sign me up.

But they're not easy to find. If you go to TrippyTips.com, you'll see they're out of stock. How do you get one? And how much does this miracle of vape-glass-ology cost? Well a couple emails to TrippyTips and Bert himself responded with they are available at Boulder Vapor House (BVH) Vaping Supplies & Accessories, MODS, E-Juice & E- Liquids in Boulder, Colorado, for $65. I ordered mine from them and I found they are also really great people. I also had the great fortune to speak with Bert himself (one heck of a nice guy BTW) and he let me know there will be other vape shops who will be carrying these Plasma Tanks in the very near future. Bert makes these tanks one at a time, and releases them in batches. And while they're not abundant, here is a complete list of vape shops who will stock them (just in case you might want to pick one up for yourself - Hint Hint):

Boulder Vapor HouseWyoming Vapor CompanyHouse of VapesVape Parkway

There is also a company Bert has teamed up with called PlasmAir that is selling authentic modified Kayfun bases paired with a plasma tank custom fit to each individual base. Every plasma should work well with any authentic Kayfun base, but each Kayfun base has slightly different specs due to the tolerances when they are being made, so with the PlasmAir they custom pair each one for the BEST possible experience. They are currently taking pre-orders on their website, and more information is available through facebook or instagram. They're not inexpensive at $190, but according to Bert, they will take a Kayfun to new heights.

Speaking of Facebook. There's some great information on the Trippy Tips Facebook page if you want to learn more about current and upcoming products.

View attachment 462833

So how has my first experience been with my own Trippy Tips Plasma Tank? Man, I love this thing! First of all, it's just 'UBER' cool looking. I love that the entire thing, including the stainless base is fused together. Not a chance this thing will leak. No Sir (or Lady). You just uncrew your build deck off your Kayfun Lite Plus, fill your Plasma Tank like you would fill just about every other easy to fill tank out there, attach your build deck to the Plasma Tank and voila, you're done. And how about the flavor boost? I started off tonight with a new coil and wick, so it may be a bit early to tell, but I have to admit, it's pretty amazing from the first vape. It usually takes a few hours with a new wick to get the best flavor (at least it does for me), but in just about 15 minutes I could tell the flavor is amazing. And if that's true, I can only imagine what it will taste like tomorrow.

I did find I needed to open air hole screw a bit as it was a tad tighter on the draw, but once I did, it's vaping wonderfully.

Well there you have it. I'd really like to take this opportunity to thank my friend and forum-favorite-son, Ping! Ping really helped me a lot with this purchase and if weren't for him, you wouldn't be reading this. No you wouldn't. Thus, if this was too long, it's all Ping's fault!. And if this was a little long, my apologies, but something this cool just needs more than a few words! Yes it does!

I'll end this with some pics of my own. Yes I will!

View attachment 462838 View attachment 462840 View attachment 462841

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

bert1983

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2010
CO USA
www.trippytips.com
@Mommay I'm always happy to help by measuring them for you, or taking a group photo of the current stock so you can see which ones are shortest. If I can find the time this week I can try to get the lengths posted to TrippyTips.com on the product pages as well. Thanks for letting me know how I can make the experience better!

Delilah718

Vape Enthusiast
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2011
In the clouds
Hi Trippykin! Been a while since I've logged on... & when I do I always check in on this thread. Just a note to say I was thinking of my Trippy friends. I hope you are all enjoying Spring 2016, and send you lots of hugs and blessings. :wub:

sedge

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
Palm Springs, CA
Hello all! It seems like forever since I posted here!! I haven't been on the forums for a long time.
I was wondering if anyone could share some tips and tricks for changing orings on our beloved trippy tips?
I have such a difficult time and it seems, they all need new ones now. :)
Thanks all!
Slide them onto a Bic pen first. Stick the tip of the pen in the bottom of DT and roll it off onto the base of the DT

Reidus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
New Orleans, LA
Hi all. Happy 4th. Hope y'all are having a fabulous long weekend!
Brew, I"m jealous. I've yet to make it to Maui. I've been to Oahu (way too crowded) and the Big Island (loved it; it's where I'd retire to if possible).
Del, gratz on you new purchase. I think you'll love it.
It's been a busy summer here so far. I got my house repainted; it needed it desperately. However, now that my house looks great, it only shows how bad my picket fence looks. So I had it torn down and am replacing it with a wrought iron fence.
On the vaping front, I bought a Dripbox 160, with a Tsunami v2 hanging on it. Loving it! I won't say I prefer it to my REOs, but it's got better airflow and clouds of vapor. Even better than my Chalice. And it squonks like a dream! After summer's over and I get back to a dependable paycheck, I'm gonna break down and get a LP REO Grand.
On an unrelated note, this summer I've gotten into a blondie phase (that's baking, not hair color or music, lol). BTW, blondies are like chocolate chip cookies made like brownies. In honor of the 4th, I'll share with you guys my recipe, so you have something quick and easy to bring with you to tomorrow's cookout.

Prof’s Blondies

Ingredients:

1/3 cup butter, melted
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tbsp. Vanilla extract
1 cup ap flour
½ tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp salt

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 and grease 8x8 pan.

2. Stir together butter and sugar.

3. Add egg and vanilla and stir until combined.

4. To sifter, add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Sift into wet mixture. Stir until just combined.

That’s your basic batter. Now the fun part: add ½ cup of nuts and 2/3 cup of whatever else you wish. The basic recipe calls for chocolate chips and walnuts. I’ve also used white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts, as well as butterscotch chips and pecans (my current favorite). For my next attempt, I’ll probably try Reeses Pieces and chopped peanuts.

5. Place into oven and cook for 22-25 minutes.

6. Cool and cut.

Oh and you can double the recipe and use a 9x13 pan. It'll probably take about 5 minutes longer to cook though.

Reidus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
New Orleans, LA
Morning all. Hope y'all are staying cool.
Sorry, Delilah, I was never really into the skinnys. Mine are all regulars and xls.
We finally got a bit of rain yesterday. Didn't cool things down a low, but every bit helps.
Yesterday I made a classic: my grandma's Lemonade Pie. It's not really hers; it's one of those ubiquitous recipes from the 50s or 60s that popped up in BHaG or other ladies magazines. But she used to make it for us every summer growing up. Anyway, if you don't know it, you take a 6oz. can of frozen lemonade concentrate, a can of sweetened condensed milk, and a 8oz. tub of Cool whip, mix them together and pour into a graham cracker crust. Stick in the freezer for several hours and it's ready.
BTW, my REO is supposed to come in on MOnday. I'll post pics.

Wharf Rat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
Fresno, Ca
www.gratefulvaper.com
OK.... I have been Beta testing the Kennedy 24 Plasma Tank. This combines the Kennedy 24 RDA with the Trippy Tips Plasma Tank... This is like the KF Plasma Tank or the Plasmair.
It gives me the Vape of a great Dripper with a 4ml? tank.
There should be info on Trippy Tip Collective.

Brew1961

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2011
Noblesville, IN
So hopefully everyone is warm and enjoying their day. It was 4 degrees this AM with a -13 wind chill but the wood-burning insert is stoked and it's 78 degrees inside the house. It's really feeling like Christmas around here!! Wishing everyone a wonderful holiday season. Brew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread