clone of White Cloud disposable Flings Vanilla flavor

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeadInClouds

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013
It's just TFA French Vanilla, between 6-8%.

I found an emergency stash of White Cloud Fling disposables that I stashed away about a year ago. Their Vanilla was a favorite of mine, so I was excited to try it again. I immediately recognized it as TFA's French Vanilla, a flavor I don't use all much. I dug out the flavoring bottle - smells the same. I mixed a batch a bit at 6% and vaped it in a low-power tank on a low-power cig-alike battery - closest I can match the disposable's low power. Side by side with the Fling - it tastes the same, has the same aftertaste, and the vapor trail smells the same to me and a non-vaper who kindly volunteered a second opinion.

I've moved on to DIY, better equipment, and other flavorings I prefer, but Flings are what got me off the cigs, so I have a soft spot for the company. If you know any fans of Vanilla Flings, any interested in DIY at some point, feel free to pass on this tidbit.

I just wish I knew what White Cloud's uses for Bora Bora.

wllmc

Moved On
Oct 29, 2013
colorado springs co
thats what I started on was johnsons creek. after the cig a like ones. really started on vuze. now that I think about it I cant believe I thought those were ok lol. taste like burning batteries and metal or something like that. then blu. then I read that blu used JC juice. the blu flavors were better and exclusive. JC had vanda and red oak tennessee cured that were my first real bottles of juice and favorite for along time after I got what tasted like rat poison with my first ego battery at some little hole in the wall vape shop . they charged me like 80 bucks for the ego battery and some weird little tank thing . I thought I just scored the best deal and greatest thing ever lol. they even had little dr coats on and stuff. no lies. weirdest place ever. then I was googling something and ECF DIY popped up and I was like holy cow I can make this !!!! and pow pow here I am .long story short. HA ! yes they do but they are sell outs to big tobacco.

Last edited:

LoveVanilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2013
Texas
thats what I started on was johnsons creek. after the cig a like ones. really started on vuze. now that I think about it I cant believe I thought those were ok lol. taste like burning batteries and metal or something like that. then blu. then I read that blu used JC juice. the blu flavors were better and exclusive. JC had vanda and red oak tennessee cured that were my first real bottles of juice and favorite for along time after I got what tasted like rat poison with my first ego battery at some little hole in the wall vape shop . they charged me like 80 bucks for the ego battery and some weird little tank thing . I thought I just scored the best deal and greatest thing ever lol. they even had little dr coats on and stuff. no lies. weirdest place ever. then I was googling something and ECF DIY popped up and I was like holy cow I can make this !!!! and pow pow here I am .long story short. HA ! yes they do but they are sell outs to big tobacco.

Yep, sounds like my story -- almost to a T. Pulled out a little Red Oak Domestic and TC a week or two ago for a taste. One thing seems obvious in hindsight -- JC really likes food colorings in their juices. Yuck. Let me know if you ever clone that yummy Vanda (diacetyl-free, of course).

Last edited:

wllmc

Moved On
Oct 29, 2013
colorado springs co
I almost had Vanda (blu vivid vanilla is killer to)one time when I first started mixing. I wasnt very good at keeping notes and failed on most my mixes so I gave them names like. "bet this junk" "probably wont be good" "probably wont be good 2" haha .. I cant for the life of me figure out which one it was now. I know I was using TFA and capellas at the time. maybe I'll fire up the dream again. I really want tennese cured or blu tobacco flavor. those wew the only 2 I ever liked for tobacco flavors.
Yep, sounds like my story -- almost to a T. Pulled out a little Red Oak Domestic and TC a week or two ago for a taste. One thing seems obvious in hindsight -- JC really likes food colorings in their juices. Yuck. Let me know if you ever clone that yummy Vanda (diacetyl-free, of course).

HeadInClouds

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013
I almost had Vanda (blu vivid vanilla is killer to)one time when I first started mixing. I wasnt very good at keeping notes and failed on most my mixes so I gave them names like. "bet this junk" "probably wont be good" "probably wont be good 2" haha .. I cant for the life of me figure out which one it was now. I know I was using TFA and capellas at the time. maybe I'll fire up the dream again. I really want tennese cured or blu tobacco flavor. those wew the only 2 I ever liked for tobacco flavors.

You two have me curious what this Blu Vivid Vanilla tastes like. If I ran into those for sale, I'd probably buy one now just see what's so good about them. Wllmc - with all the flavorings you've accumulated, I wouldn't be surprised if you have the ingredients for a clone somewhere in your collection.

So Blu is now owned by big tobacco, right? And their flavors are proprietary Johnson Creek? Did Johnson Creek originally have the flavor available directly? These are now available only in cartos? Wllmc, you've done all kinds of vanilla and custard DIY - but you'd still like to make a copy of Vivid Vanilla, it's that good?

Last edited:

kabalm18

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
USA
You two have me curious what this Blu Vivid Vanilla tastes like. If I ran into those for sale, I'd probably buy one now just see what's so good about them. Wllmc - with all the flavorings you've accumulated, I wouldn't be surprised if you have the ingredients for a clone somewhere in your collection.

So Blu is now owned by big tobacco, right? And their flavors are proprietary Johnson Creek? Did Johnson Creek originally have the flavor available directly? These are now available only in cartos? Wllmc, you've done all kinds of vanilla and custard DIY - but you'd still like to make a copy of Vivid Vanilla, it's that good?

oh i love it so much lol.

Sweet...then we have a plan. wllmc is going to start working on a vivid vanilla clone. And, HIC going going to go to the grocery store...buy some Barq's Red Cream Soda or Big Red Cream Soda...drink and mix...drink and mix....drink and mix... The deadline for the cream soda vape recipe is Tuesday...would like to have some for our trip to Florida! Thanks! :) lol

HeadInClouds

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013
Cream soda? Who said anything about cream soda? lol - I don't even like that stuff. Did you ever have Jolt - "all the sugar and twice the caffeine" went their ad. Now there was a can of soda with oompf.

I have a tab open to blu's website, which looks like the cheapest place for the cartridges. Looks like my old Halo G6 batteries should work with those. Since wllmc thinks they're great, I'll probably cave and try them. Shame they don't just sell the juice. It'd be easier to copy that way, lol! (I have no problem with anyone cloning a flavor owned by big tobacco, that's for sure).

wllmc

Moved On
Oct 29, 2013
colorado springs co
haha red cream soda huh... sounds good
Sweet...then we have a plan. wllmc is going to start working on a vivid vanilla clone. And, HIC going going to go to the grocery store...buy some Barq's Red Cream Soda or Big Red Cream Soda...drink and mix...drink and mix....drink and mix... The deadline for the cream soda vape recipe is Tuesday...would like to have some for our trip to Florida! Thanks! :) lol

LoveVanilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2013
Texas
JC does sell Vanda in their Red Oak line. Never had Blu's Vivid Vanilla (made exclusively by JC) but understand this was the closest match. And btw, wllmc and I (plus others) would love clones of JC's Domestic and Tennessee Cured (from Red Oak line); minus the food coloring, sweetners and diketones. Didn't know enough when first considered, might consider another pass now that my tobacco stocks are larger and skills improved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread