Clearomizer VS Cartomizer : ECF Abbreviations 101

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohamed

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2013
USA
According to http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/21069-ecf-abbreviations-101-a.html
Cartomizer - An atomizer built into the cartridge, marketed as disposable (you throw it away when the e-liquid is used up).

I don't see any mention to what a Clearomizer is. Are these the exact same things only that a Clearomizer is see through?

Either way maybe the Abbreviations 101 needs updated.

This may be separate question and I can move to new thread if need be but I have an ego-c on the way but forgot to pick up a few extra atomizers as is suggested by several on here for when getting a startup kit. I'm so confused when I go the Atomizer / Cartomizer section of any vendor. There are so many choices and I don't know what I'm doing. As far as I am aware the ego-c's Atomizer is a separate piece so don't think a Cartomizer or Clearomizer is what I'm even looking for but maybe it is. Is it these coil unit's that are the atomizers?

Any suggestions for noob getting a few back up atomizers? Kind/brand? Number needed for starting?

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
A cartomizer generally has stuffing with embedded wicks/ heating coil in a metal tube with threads on one end. I can get a week or more use out of one w/ thin light clear juices by keeping it damp (and at least twice as long w/ non-sweet clear thin juices).

A CLEARomizer is a newer invention - it is a cartomizer with a clear tube (generally some kind of thin plastic) and usually no stuffing. Inside you can see the electric guts of wicks, wire, atomizer coil (stuff that is hidden in the stuffing in a normal cartomizer). Clearomizers coming in lots of ohms values, many of which are too low for slim batteries to use. The lower the ohms, the hotter it runs, and the more likely the plastic will crack. The initial revisions of clearomizers were plagued with problems, mainly cracking and alling apart. And I think most require a syringe to fill. Now there are a number of companies making various kinds of clear cartomizers. I can't give you any recommendations - I don't use them. NOTE "Clearomizer" may be a trademark of the CE2's (the first kind of clear carto) but some use the term generically.

There are also tanks which hold more liquid and use tougher plastic or even glass for the clear portion. Some tanks use cartomizer guts to vaporize the juice and some others (generically called carto-tanks) use a entire standard cartomizer with one or two holes punched in the cartomizer's sides.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread