Clearomizer Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

JulzW

Unregistered Supplier
Dec 10, 2011
WI USA
www.simplyvapes.com
Thanks leftfeild, I will definitely check those out. I was wondering what the difference was between the 501 and an 808. If I get an 808 for her, and say I get an adapter from 808 to 501 will this cause a problem. My daughter is on the go all time and I can see her not reifilling her cartridge and running out. Is it okay to temporarily change them from one to another? I have read that 808's are very nice to use.

Traver

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
WV
The numbers 510 or 808 actually refer to the thread on the battery. The 510 is also often a reference to the small 510 battery but the carto will fit any battery with the 510 thread. Originally Kanger made the kr808 also known as a v4L and used the 808 thread. This was a true unregulated 3.7 volt battery. When fully charged it started at 4.2 volts and rapidly fell to 3.7 then gradually declined to about 3.2. Now there are many knockoff off these batteries and it is hard to tell what voltage they are actually running. A battery sold as 3.7 volts or 4.2 volts often has a circuit that can make the voltage going to the carto either higher lower.

leftfeild

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2011
Scotland
Yes you can use a 901/808 - 510 converter. I haven't actually used one going that way though. I do own a 510 - 901/808 adapter and it works for putting my 808 gear onto my 510 stuff if I feel like it. I'd guess a converter going the other way should work too.

I got mine from liberty flights but I'm sure a lot of other vendors carry them.

There is so much to learn here.

And hey, don't sweat it, we've all been there :D ask whatever you need to and someone will give ya' a hand.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread