Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaburyNorton

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2009
New York
seaburynorton.com
Hello, all!

I'm new to the world of Chucking, but not vaping. I currently own 510s, a Protege, 808s, etc...

I'm liking what I see with the Chucks, and I really want to purchase one. The only thing I need is a bit of clarity on the difference between chuck and little chuck...

From what I've read, I understand that:

The "Chuck" *big* is a slightly larger device, capable of HV vaping.
The "Little Chuck" is a 3.7 only device. (I'm really NOT interested in HV vaping, just strong, reliable 3.7v vaping.)
Both are of the same build quality.
It can take a month to get it after ordering (I'm in the US).

If I am correct in my understanding, this is the same type of model choice as the Prodigy/Protege offerings (sorry 'bout the other mention) :rolleyes:

If the *big* chuck can vape at 3.7, what is the benefit/difference of a *little* chuck?

I'm ordering as soon as my brain "gets it" on the details... :D

Thanks in advance!

arkangel

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2009
Chicago Suburbs
You are correct in most of your Chuck vs Little Chuck statements, except the month-long wait is a bit off...it's been running closer to 2 to 2.5 weeks, for production, and then it's up to the vagaries of the USPS to get it to your door.

I'm in the same camp as you and wasn't interested in HV vaping, so went with the Little Chuck. Plus I was more interested in the slightly smaller size of the LC for portability sake. The Chucks are taller so may appeal more if you're interested in a slightly bigger image on the body.

Fit/finish/build quality is outstanding on the 2 LC's I have, and I've heard the same from the Chuck owners so no worries there...

Think it comes down to HV: yes or no? and what size fits your needs best...

Houdini

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Las Vegas
The chuck is approx 5" long, can do 3.7v or 6v vaping:) The lil chuck is approx 3 1/2" long and can do 3.7v consistent vape:) I currently have a chuck with a lil chuck on order:) Usually takes about 2 wks from order to your home:D VERY well built and reliable devices
RIMP:evil:
5" long. This is what I don't understand. 2 RCR123's end to end takes a little over half that space. What takes up the rest of the space in the tube?

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
5" long. This is what I don't understand. 2 RCR123's end to end takes a little over half that space. What takes up the rest of the space in the tube?
Two RCR123s are the same size (lengthwise) as one 18650 battery, although a bit thinner.
The rest of the space is taken up by the endcaps and whatever switch crap is going on in there.

Skrymr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2009
That's kinda what I thought but over 2 inches is an awful lot of switch crap space.

I just think of it as the cage for the rabid vaping badger.....

Seriously, the end caps are recessed into the tube a little bit and the atty connectors are recessed below that even more. The room is taken up by them and the switch and the delrin which the contact that goes through that connects the battery to the switch. I think when you see one, you'll see why the length is what it is. Ther really is no wasted space. I couldn't imagine fitting everything in a much smaller space.

gr8dane

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama
I do VG and drip (with a thick mixture), so I'm very happy with 3.7v, get tons of vapor. The big and little chucks perform the same at 3.7v. You can a crazy amount of time on a battery at 3.7v on the big chuck (some get 3-4 days), but I prefer the size and feel of the LC. If you decide to go with the LC, get the 18350 batteries (madvapes has them) instead of the 16340s. Performance and life is hugely better. Mine will hold solid performance for a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread