Cleaning the Silver Bullet

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbehrendt

ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2009
Iowa
Hey all, I have a Black Silver Bullet that is in need of a good cleaning.

I brought it with me on a deployment and unfortunately couldn't use it. So it pretty much sat for a whole year. I recently pulled it out and plan on using it as an alternative for my Provari, and I noticed it really needs to be cleaned.

Problems areas are:
On the top of the SB, around the atty connection. Not sure what it is but it looks like a mixture of old dried up juices.

The atty connection looks pretty bad. Very discolored inside, and looks like dried up juice in the very bottom.

The button looks dirty as well.

And the inside doesn't look too bad. Although the top part where the battery makes connection has some sort of dark residue on it, not sure if it is rust.

I would like good ideas/instructions on how to clean these areas effectively and without damaging my BSB. I have tried to look up answers but I don't find many threads on how to properly clean the SB. Some places say use alcohol but altsmoke's website says DO NOT use alcohol as it could damage the silica.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

kickitback

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2009
NC
Good morning Cb,
For the top connection you can use get some 91% Isopropyl Alcohol bottle in walmart ($1.40 ), take a Q-tip, and start working it slowly along with some paper towels. On the inside, if you have dirt and stuff inside the battery tube just clean it with Alcohol and when you done add a lil Noalox on the threads. As far as the Top Corrosion looking, I think that will stay, I had one top that had that too, not too bad just a little around the 510 thread, I guess from excess juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread