Cleaning Halo G6 Cartomizers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoulFool

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2010
Delaware
Hello, I know there are numerous posts about cleaning cartomizers but since the Halo G6 Cartomizer is a horizontal coil I wanted to find out what the best way to clean this particular style of cartomizer? I have 15 G6 Cartomizers, some were blanks that I've filled with juice that I don't like. Others were prefilled that I've been topping off. The oldest ones have been sitting for atleast a month with juice in them so I'm wondering if those are not salvageable.

I have to find a better method for testing juices on a Halo G6 battery. I've read a couple posts that suggest a 901 atomizer with an adaptor for a kr808-d1. Does this sound like the best option?

Thanks!

MikeInNYC

Oct 17, 2011
NYC, NY
You won't need an adapter for the 901 atomizer.

Only if you were going to put an 808 carto on a 901 battery do you need an adapter, and that's only to provide the air holes.

I plan on buying a few 901 atomizers as well, just trying to decide if I want to splurge and get a whole 901 kit to go along with them!

EDIT - Be sure you're dripping on a sealed manual battery. You will most likely kill the auto's otherwise.

Also, I've rinsed out prime15 prefilled cartos when they were toward the end (because I dont care for Prime much) - even that strong flavor can be rinsed out with a lot of water, blowing, soaking and rinsing some more.

Last edited:

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
If you have a G6 manual battery you can use a standard resistance DSE901 atomizer and drip tip. If you bought auto batteries, I recommend you buy a manual battery as a spare and use it for testing juices.

As far as cleaning cartos, most don't bother but go to Google and do the following searches

site:e-cigarette-forum.com clean cartomizers

(and the same search but replace clean cartomizers with each of : clean cartos, wash cartomizers, wash cartos)

I don't do it because results are inconsistent and if there is one reason I USE cartomizers it is consistency

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
I clean my G6 cartos by soaking them in really hot water for several hrs to over night. (I have about 10 soaking right now) Then I take a cleaned out dish soap bottle with the squeeze top and fill it with really hot water and squeeze the water thru the top of each carto until it is looks clean and smells clean too. Then I blow thru each one to get as much water out as possible and let dry for at least 3 days. Blow thru them every day to force out water. I use these washed out cartos for testing new juice flavors. Have fun! bnrk

SoulFool

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2010
Delaware
Thanks for the quick advice everyone! I think the few cartos that I filled with 100% VG juice are going to get tossed but I'll attempt cleaning the others. I'll pick up a 901 atomizer and drip tip for testing out future juices. So far I've tried all of the Halo menthols (including Malibu), Prime 15, Alien Juice (Boba's Bounty and Flu Cured w/Menthol Drops), Johnson Creek's Red Oak menthols, and most recently PureCig Menthol. Halo's Menthol Ice, Truepure and Malibu are my favorites. Although I'm still not 100% satisfied so I'm planning on combining a small bit of the tobacco juices with my favorites. The tobacco juices I have are just too exaggerated flavor-wise to enjoy by themselves.

Shadow102

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2011
Eastern Panhandle, WV
Why not test using cartos? I'm curious.

Most people don't because they don't like cleaning them and if the juice tastes horrid....I'm lookin at you Wyatt Earp and Tidewater Tobacco....you don't want to waste a carto on them. That being said unless your atty is similar in resistance to your cartos you will notice a difference in flavor/vapor.

Personally I give my juices a test on the atty first, if its vapable and I like it I'll throw it in a carto, at less than $1.50 each if I find I really don't like it I just top it off, strap the bottle to the carto and into the Zombie Apocalypse Box it goes.

That being said I do revisit the box every month or so to see if steeping has helped these juices at all...so far the only one that got better (still not great but better) was Coffee from RockStar and that was 2 months in.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Why not test juices in cartos - Because cartos cost money and the results of cleaning and especially drying are inconsistent. If cartos could easily and quickly be cleaned and dried to good as new every time with 100% success rate, then sure I would say it's your time, do what you want and in fact I might even clean them. I might consider spending time to clean a carto that has worked flawlessly for a week. I still would not use them to test juices (unless they are prefills I bought for the purpose of testing juices and I did find my two favorite juices that way).

Buy the kit and clean them and dry them and then decide if that is how you want to test juices or if you would prefer to use an atomizer to test juices.

BTW - when I bought a lot of prefills to try, many were flavors I could transition to something else. Like a Vanilla carto can be refilled with just about any flavor and the flavor will progress from mostly vanilla to mostly the new flavor. And a good vanilla liquid can be used to refill just about any flavor prefilled carto. The main prefills I found a total waste were ones with strong flavors I hated - those went in an armageddon bag in case I am ever desperate enough to try to get the awful flavor out of them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread