Status
Not open for further replies.

spider362

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2010
Raleigh, NC
I have 7 eGo-C atomizers (heads) that I rotate each day and then clean all 7 once a week.
When I get through with one I put it in a little container of water to soak out the old juice. The last one I put in and let it soak overnight.
Then I put them in an ultrasonic cleaner (optional) with about an inch of water.
After that I drop them into a container of PGA so the alcohol will displace the water and remove any impurities left behind.
Then I blow them out (I don't worry about drying them).
The last step is to put a few drops down the spike to prime them for the next weeks use.

Total time, about 15 minutes.

spider362

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2010
Raleigh, NC
I tried a dry burn on an eGo-T once (twice, actually). I probably didn't do it right because I lost the atomizer after the second burn and getting the spike off plus putting the wick back in if it gets pulled out was a PITA.

I've read you don't need to do a dry burn on the "T" & "C" heads unless you use a lot of dark, sweet liquid that leaves behind a lot of residue that gets burned onto the coil.

I use Menthol which is practically clear, so I'm just going to stay with the wash and ultrasonic cleaner for a while and see how that works out.

spider362

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2010
Raleigh, NC
PGA is Pure Grain Alcohol, also known as Everclear, and is drinkable. Isopropyl alcohol, on the other hand, can be toxic to the human body and is not recommended as a cleaner or thinner for any of our e-cig equipment.

If you can't find any PGA, then the highest alcohol content Vodka will work just as well.

I prefer to soak for at least an hour. Usually I leave them soaking over night, though that long isn't necessary.

I use the alcohol simply to displace the water left inside the atomizer. Water (except distilled water) has impurities that can build up on the coil over time. Just look inside your water pipe sometime and you'll see the calcium buildup.

Alcohol leaves no residue to coat the coil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread